Treesparrow

Weights and limits question

2 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Just been out to check my Lunar - the hitch is 150kg as it has S150 cast in but the VIN plate gives 100kg for axle 0 - maybe Lunar will do an upgrade sticker and raise it to 150?

The hitch may be capable of a higher hitch load than the A-frame. That would explain a lower figure for Axle 0 than what is shown on the hitch itself, so it's unlikely that it could be uprated.

54 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Apologises  Durbanite, I was sure mine was 100 Kg (I’m blind as a bat), I’ve just zoomed in and seen it’s actually 150 Kg!!

Happy days, that means I’m now limited to my car’s maximum of 140 Kg

0DBF5670-E1C7-451C-9388-7CE717455AD5.png

Providing axle 0 on the statutory plate and the S value on the inertia device are the same.  I doubt they will be.

• Thanks 1

Bloody hell Towtug, there was me getting all excited because I could stop driving about with 55 litres of water in my on-board water tank (at the rear) to keep My Noseweight down and you’ve just pee’d on my chips 🤮

349F311C-8E02-45D6-80E2-69952BE2F4B7.png

I usual tow at 105 Kg, I won’t lose any sleep 🤪🤪

41 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Bloody hell Towtug, there was me getting all excited because I could stop driving about with 55 litres of water in my on-board water tank (at the rear) to keep My Noseweight down and you’ve just pee’d on my chips 🤮

349F311C-8E02-45D6-80E2-69952BE2F4B7.png

I usual tow at 105 Kg, I won’t lose any sleep 🤪🤪

You know me I only deal in facts.  As for your chips I've often thought that's how the local Schnelli served them.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Towtug said:

You know me I only deal in facts.  As for your chips I've often thought that's how the local Schnelli served them.

lol,

It’s obvious on this Forum that most folk are actively trying to keep within the law, and that’s a good thing but you should see some of the outfits (usually Dutch) that I see whizzing down the Autobahn, Noseweight, Axle weights, GTW, tyres pressure,  speed limit etc etc are not even a secondary concern to many

Edited by Borussia 1900

3 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

lol,

It’s obvious on this Forum that most folk are actively trying to keep within the law, and that’s a good thing but you should see some of the outfits (usually Dutch) that I see whizzing down the Autobahn, Noseweight, Axle weights, GTW, tyres pressure,  speed limit etc etc are not even a secondary concern to many

In truth the UK has one of the most liberal approaches to Road traffic laws in Europe.  No one really bothers much with a few kilos here and there. My problem is usually with the guy who is prepared to spend more time and effort  arguing black is white , than actually complying with the rules.  I've personally witnessed the aftermath of numerous events caused by someone thinking they know best, it's never pretty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lutz said:

The hitch may be capable of a higher hitch load than the A-frame. That would explain a lower figure for Axle 0 than what is shown on the hitch itself, so it's unlikely that it could be uprated.

As said draw bars are rated hence as said you can have a 150 kg hitch but the caravan has a manufacturers nose weight max of 100 kg .

Dave

13 minutes ago, Towtug said:

In truth the UK has one of the most liberal approaches to Road traffic laws in Europe.  No one really bothers much with a few kilos here and there. My problem is usually with the guy who is prepared to spend more time and effort  arguing black is white , than actually complying with the rules.  I've personally witnessed the aftermath of numerous events caused by someone thinking they know best, it's never pretty.

My experience is that the German police on the whole take a pragmatic approach to compliance with the rules and will accept minor transgressions without further action. It's the TÜV and consorts which tend to dot the I's and cross the T's.