Sign in to follow this  
PhilC

Kampa Rally Air Pro and Lunar Clubman

I am looking at getting my first awning and have narrowed the choose down to the Kampa Rally Air Pro for my 2019 Clubman.  To avoid blocking the front window or the back window, I am thinking of the 330 which would run from between the front window and door, to the right of the back window.   My problem is that the gap between the front window and door is only 16 cm and there is an awning light track projecting into this space.

Anyone with a Clubman and Kampa Air awning?  If so, does the awning fit between the front window and door?   I am wondering if the flap that folds in from the edge would get in the way of the door?

Appreciate all thoughts

Phil

Hello Phil, We have a Clubman SB with an Ace Air 400. There is a gap of 100 mm between the rear of the window and the front of the door.  we find the Ace Air can be erected without hindering the door or window, it is very tight but it does not impede opening the widow or the door.

Our awning is a 2017 model and I do know there have been a few modifications, hope that helps.

We have a 2014 Clubman SE with a 330 Air Kampa.

We fit it between the door and front window with no issues. We have the over door LED strip light.

The awning spans the bed window but only partly covers the under bed locker hatch.

The Kampa instructions are made by the same people as Ikea

Mud walls and skirts are confounding as they don't seem to suit either inside or outside the awning - we have found inside is better but there are some clashes where you want to peg, but there is another skirt piece.

There are also spurious straps to trip over - not a problem if you have awning carpet though (we don't).

They don't seem to cope as well with uneven pitches

Maybe the later models are improved - ours is 2016

Its a heavy devil too!!

Thanks Sea Dog and AlwynMike.   Looking at the Kampa site, they recommend 25cms between window and door; so makes the 16cm look a problem; but it sounds promising that you don't have any problems.   Need to do a remeasure at the van and see where the back of the awning falls with the various awning sizes (allowing 25cms from the door).  Should then know the possible outcomes whichever one I go for, with hopefully worst case I cover a bit of the front window :-)

AlwynMike - watching the various videos on YouTube for the Kampa, it seems straight forward enough :-)

11 hours ago, PhilC said:

AlwynMike - watching the various videos on YouTube for the Kampa, it seems straight forward enough :-)

Straightforward it is.

Neat it isn't!