Sign in to follow this  
Les Medes

Avtex Customer Support

One word "Absolutely and Wonderfully Brilliant Service"  ;)

We had a problem with our Avtex Tv, no picture, screen went green.  I called Avtex in Cardiff and explained, they would arrange for a courier to collect at my expense which is fair as the set was out of Warantee , I told them that I would be in Cardiff the following day and the gentleman I spoke to named Slade said drop it off which I did at 11.00  am, at 3.00 pm I had a call from Slade to tell me that the set needed a new circuit board at a cost of £113, I agreed for it to be repaired, he asked if I was still in Cardiff as I could collect it later that afternoon, now folks how is that for service.

As I said in one word   "Absolutley and Wonderfully Brilliant Service"

We are quick to criticise , but slow to appreciate great service, so Avtex, when I am ready for another TV, you can count on me to buy another Avtex (we have two already)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Les Medes said:

One word "Absolutely and Wonderfully Brilliant Service"  ;)

We had a problem with our Avtex Tv, no picture, screen went green.  I called Avtex in Cardiff and explained, they would arrange for a courier to collect at my expense which is fair as the set was out of Warantee , I told them that I would be in Cardiff the following day and the gentleman I spoke to named Slade said drop it off which I did at 11.00  am, at 3.00 pm I had a call from Slade to tell me that the set needed a new circuit board at a cost of £113, I agreed for it to be repaired, he asked if I was still in Cardiff as I could collect it later that afternoon, now folks how is that for service.

As I said in one word   "Absolutley and Wonderfully Brilliant Service"

We are quick to criticise , but slow to appreciate great service, so Avtex, when I am ready for another TV, you can count on me to buy another Avtex (we have two already)

How old was the set?

At 2 years old our TV bought in 2015 went faulty. It was exchanged for a brand new TV.  Unfortunately that went faulty a couple of months later.  Replaced again no issue and we are still using it.  They come standard with a 3 year no quibbles warranty however the dealer from whom we bought it gave us a 5 year warranty on the unit.

good to hear nice reviews...

My,then, fairly new set was returned to dealer (Catterick Caravans) as no picture....sent off on Monday they rang Thursday to say it was back and they had it on test.

Couple of months ago my 'twig' finally packed up so bought one of the Avtex powered aerials but couldn't get it to perform as stated...an exchange of e-mails and  a contact name in factory got me the answer.

Yes nice to deal with.

geoff

• Like 1

Televisions and the similar are covered for 6 years under EU law no matter what the dealer or the manufacturer may like you to believe.

14 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Televisions and the similar are covered for 6 years under EU law no matter what the dealer or the manufacturer may like you to believe.

I think you may need to rephrase or clarify.  If a TV is i.e. 4 years old it will not be replacement however you have be able to get a percentage of the original cost back if they are unable to repair the unit, but not the full amount.

4 hours ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

I had a recurring issue with a Samsung TV purchased from John Lewis that was out of their 5 year warranty but was within  6 years. JL would not play ball under any circumstances. JL told me that I had to prove that the TV had an inherent fault when purchased. I reminded them that the TV had had the same repair 3 times in 5 years and surely that proved the fault was inherent. No they said. I will now never purchase a TV from JL again and will go to Richer Sounds who give the full 6 year warranty. JL are not what they used to be i'm afraid.

4 hours ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

The UK are not subject to any EU directives for consumer law as our own consumer laws are considered adequate. The only reference to 6 years is in contract law under which you have 6 years to take out an action for damages (5 years in Scotland) but that isn't consumer law or an EU directive, that's long established UK law. Don't pay any attention  to a 2016 Daily Mirror article!

40 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

The UK are not subject to any EU directives for consumer law as our own consumer laws are considered adequate. The only reference to 6 years is in contract law under which you have 6 years to take out an action for damages (5 years in Scotland) but that isn't consumer law or an EU directive, that's long established UK law. Don't pay any attention  to a 2016 Daily Mirror article!

Not the daily Mirror M'lud but many publications:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/money-saving-tips/11296784/Shops-accused-of-denying-six-year-warranty-right.html

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/claim-using-a-warranty-or-guarantee/

https://www.resolver.co.uk/consumer-rights/product-manufacturing-manufacturers-guarantees-warranties-complaints

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8253915.stm

just sayin...........

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

It's not an EU directive though and it certainly isn't a specific consumer right set in any legislation. If it was Which? would be all over it! The CRA 2015 is the (only) current applicable legislation for refunds and repairs. CAB always advise that you may be able to get a partial refund, repair or replacement up to 6 years after delivery if you can prove you didn't cause the fault and that the product should last that long. Two tall orders! If you follow their guidance steps, they even give suggested wording you could try using on the seller. The 6 years (5 in Scotland) stems from the Limitation Act 1980 which sets time limits on how long you have to start an action for damages and compensation. In some cases it's less than 6 years e.g. personal injury, 3 years.

Edited by Legal Eagle

13 hours ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

How old was the set?

Cannot be specific, but about six years

10 hours ago, Legal Eagle said:

It's not an EU directive though and it certainly isn't a specific consumer right set in any legislation. If it was Which? would be all over it! The CRA 2015 is the (only) current applicable legislation for refunds and repairs. CAB always advise that you may be able to get a partial refund, repair or replacement up to 6 years after delivery if you can prove you didn't cause the fault and that the product should last that long. Two tall orders! If you follow their guidance steps, they even give suggested wording you could try using on the seller. The 6 years (5 in Scotland) stems from the Limitation Act 1980 which sets time limits on how long you have to start an action for damages and compensation. In some cases it's less than 6 years e.g. personal injury, 3 years.

Thanks LE, explanation appreciated.

AJG

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Legal Eagle said:

Many caravans would probably fall into that category taking into consideration the price paid.   ;)  Good explanation thanks.

• Thanks 1