Sign in to follow this  
Venus620

Thetford not working. No pink fluid rinse!!!

Hmmm....  Thetford flush tank capacity 8 litres lasts for a lot of 'flushes'.  Household toilet, 6 litres per flush.  Not comparing (quail) eggs with (ostrich) eggs are we, cleaning/dilution-wise?

The additive is part detergent/surfactant to let the solution cling/clean the bowl better, the colour for looks and a scent for - well because they can.  Thetford suggest a short 'squirt' of the pink for lubrication of what is being deposited.  I use the Elsan Double-strength pink 'cos I got free 2 litre bottles with the Double Blue I bought.   15-20 ml per 8 l tankful, it's lasting forever.

SWMBO would happily plonk something in our home toilet cisterns if she could open the panels, as we use harvested rainwater to flush them and its sometimes a bit 'grubby looking'.

• Like 1

When travelling, I just add a coke bottle (2 litres) of water in the tank from empty. As to top tank additive, you don't need it. Some motorhomes take their flush from the drinking water tank so, obviously, there is no pink in it.