David 38

Screw adhesive covers in licencing panels

The ones in my Pursuit 1918 are looking as they not fit for the job as they are starting to detach, anyone had this problem and used alternatives?

I think it would have helped if a larger diameter had been used to give larger area of adhesion.

On the wall sides they are a lot larger and plastic bung type have been used.

Opps spell checker gone mad with my spelling of ceiling, Subject is Screw adhesive covers in ceiling panels.

Yes, mine are lifting off too!  Still it's an improvement on my Orion, where the screw heads wer just left exposed. 

They will have been taken off the backing sheet, by dirty oily fingers and so the adhesive will be compromised.

You could take them off, clean off the adhesive from the covers and where they had been, using a suitable solvent and stick them back with Pritt stick or the like or buy some new ones, just google where to get them.

I think all Bailey caravans of this vintage suffer this problem. Very cheap and tacky.

My dealer has sheets of the stick-on covers and tore of a largish strip for me.

I've only bothered to replace those which are visible.

Pretty sure I once saw them for sale on eBay, but just searched and nothing came up.

They were available at one time on the Bailey Parts website (now Prima) for the extortionate price of 5p per sticker!!!

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Vanning Man said:

They were available at one time on the Bailey Parts website (now Prima) for the extortionate price of 5p per sticker!!!

Plenty on Ebay but how to buy the right colour/finish is the buying problem from there.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xself+adhesive+screw+covers.TRS0&_nkw=self+adhesive+screw+covers&_sacat=0

Edited by David 38

If you choose one of the suppliers with a wide range of colours you could contact them and ask, if you sent one of you existing covers, taken from an inconspicuous place, if they would match it.

I did this when looking for a leather refinishing kit.

Couldn't find anything in B&Q so called in at my dealers and after sales lady had run out, as the service dept keep separate stock she is ordering from Bailey and will post them to me.  She seemed pleased I would fit myself rather me asking for them at the service in February.

My supplying dealer as phoned to say they now have a stock of the adhesive covers and quoted a price for supplying to me, a bit disappointing in being asked to pay for them to replace myself the ones not 100% stuck on my new caravan.