Relocate to Yorkshire East Coast

Hi all,

We are new to Static ownership, last October we bought a 2008 Atlas Sapphire on a site near Milton Keynes. Lovely site but after making the journey several times we find it is quite a bind being 2 hr 30 min away from home.

So I have started looking to move the van at the end of the season... something which I stupidly thought would be quite an easy process! I have found one site that is very reasonable with no connection fee.. but obviously they don't have any pitches available at the moment.

Is anyone aware of any sites East or west  cost (Around Southport area) that take bring ons... and that dont want stupid money (We have been quoted anywhere up to 10k Without annual site fee!!

Thank you for your time

Tony

Have you investigated the cost of moving your current static??

Might actually make more sense economically to sell your current one and buy on another site! 

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

10 hours ago, tonylees said:

Lovely site but after making the journey several times we find it is quite a bind being 2 hr 30 min away from home.

Is anyone aware of any sites East or west  cost (Around Southport area) that take bring ons...

Unfortunately, anywhere on the East Coast is going to be at least two and a half hours from Southport, so you will not be gaining anything by relocating to that coast.

Sorry, I wasnt clear... We are in Halifax, so the west coast is not too far.. but the M62 is worse heading west!

Haven't actually looked at cost of moving the van yet... I was expecting about a grand :unsure:

I would not think it would be a viable thing to do. By the time transport and siting and un siting fees are paid plus any other charges that sites come up with it would be a non starter.

Many sites do not want statics more than 15 years old and expect you to buy a new one from them. You would need to ask about that when checking sites so you are not faced with this problem in 4 years.

Have you got sorted yet. I am  on a site at Burton Fleming, just inland from the Yorks Coast with Bridlington, Filey, & Scarborough close by. The site currently has pitches available for bring ons. The sites fees are ( for 2019 ) were £2058 incl. of rates & water..

Hi DaveE1,

Not found anywhere yet, can you let me know the details for your site... do they have a website?

EasyT, thanks for the links, I have tried Delivery Quote Compare, and didn't receive any quotes! I have just emailed Wilko.

Thanks for all the help, very much appreciated.

Tingdene Lifestyle adverts indicate that they sometimes accept bring-ins from another park. The adverts says current availability only for Suffolk and Lincs, but they have Parks in Cleveland East coast, so may be worth asking. Probably won't be cheap, though.