Sites for British Grand Prix 14th July

I have been fortunate to win a pair of tickets for the above, can anyone recommend sites within an hours drive from Silverstone,

Club, Commercial or CL/CS,  I am not fussed as long as it has Electric Hook-Up  (wifes' hair dryer !!)as I am a member of both Clubs, I used to go regularly in the 80's/90's but was able to drive there from home as I lived a lot nearer than I do now. 

Les

I used to use Whittlebury park.  Only 5 minutes on foot from the gate.

No ehu (might be different now), but for Grand Prix weekend it will be full of petrol heads who will be happy to ignore a genny. 

If using Park and Ride I use Gullivers with C and cc then the P and R from the Sixfields Stadium which is 2 junctions up the motorway.

Edited by warrenb

When I lived in the area the sites were often booked up one year for the next...

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I stayed at a C&CC  CS called Brackley Hilltop Cottage.  Very spacious and pleasant.  EHU plus toilet and shower. Basically appointed but perfectly serviceable.  I seem to think that this was not too far from Silverstone.

mel

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/05/2019 at 13:14, Les Medes said:

I have been fortunate to win a pair of tickets for the above, can anyone recommend sites within an hours drive from Silverstone,

Club, Commercial or CL/CS,  I am not fussed as long as it has Electric Hook-Up  (wifes' hair dryer !!)as I am a member of both Clubs, I used to go regularly in the 80's/90's but was able to drive there from home as I lived a lot nearer than I do now. 

Les

There are 2 CLs that I know have hook ups there's one at nether heyford about 10 miles from silverstone nice well cut grass on the canal banks pub 10 mins walk and the traffic will be good ad you can go over the back way, to Silverstone there is another at just outside MK

There is also another CL at Stoke Bruern but no electric

I live 3 miles away from the track so  I know the area well

Richard 

37 minutes ago, Land said:

Les

There are 2 CLs that I know have hook ups there's one at nether heyford about 10 miles from silverstone nice well cut grass on the canal banks pub 10 mins walk and the traffic will be good ad you can go over the back way, to Silverstone there is another at just outside MK

There is also another CL at Stoke Bruern but no electric

I live 3 miles away from the track so  I know the area well

Richard 

Les a couple of others have come to mind.

The one in my last response is Whitehall farm heyford lane weedon.

Check to see if this is still open the limes milton road gayton.

This ones a bit further out braunston marina the wharf daventry.

There in the club book type in NN12 post code

Richard 

On 11/06/2019 at 17:31, Land said:

Les a couple of others have come to mind.

The one in my last response is Whitehall farm heyford lane weedon.

Check to see if this is still open the limes milton road gayton.

This ones a bit further out braunston marina the wharf daventry.

There in the club book type in NN12 post code

Richard 

Thanks Land, sorry for the delay , but just got back from Dordogne today, I have had to forfeit my tickets as Mrs Medes  has a cataract op a few days before the GP

Les