Alex Contador

Strange thing at the ceiling of the van . Anyone has seen it?

I came across with this yellow hairy thing coming out of the ceiling of my caravan. This looks like a type of yellow fungus.

Anyone have seen something similar?

cheers

Alex

20190514_180823.jpg

20190514_180823.jpg

Posted (edited)

To me this looks like you may have a damp problem, especially as it is growing from behind the trim. Mould/ fungus need damp to grow and multiply. 

Edited by Danuk

Quite why you have this particular variety of mould or fungus is a mystery, but the real issue is almost certainly damp behind it.

Google

Sounds like yellow mould and needs cleaning off quickly. See details by googling yellow fungus and select the link to hunker.com

Don't hang around.

It might look better if you remove what you can see but it won't cure the problem. Don't bother using bleach on it. While that may kill the mould on the surface, as the bleach breaks down it ends up feeding the mould. Plus to remove or kill mould from a porous surface is pretty well impossible.

Pretty colour though guys:D.  But yes, you really need to have this dealt with immediately if not sooner