Jump to content
Fireman Iain

Who names caravans?

Recommended Posts

All my cars have been/are called Dave, all my wife's cars are called Doris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Adria Altea is an Eden, can you Adam and Eve it? :D

 

(Apparently Altea models are named after rivers, there are others such as Thames and Taymar in the range). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Pastiche is a type of nut, sort of, and Olympus was the home of the Gods.  Our is a Roman Goddess, Venus:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

I thought Pastiche is a type of nut

 

Do you mean Pistachio?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2019 at 21:04, Woodie106 said:

it will be the same people that name paint colours......................

 

So like Volvo's 'Sahara Beige' which in fact was dog-poo brown ?

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been looking around and ruminating a bit more. 

 

As as someone mentioned earlier what is the Challenger challenging? Or are Swift cleverly suggesting it’s built like a tank? And if so, what do you add to a tank to make it a Challenger Sport? Maybe it’s so it can keep up with the high speed bailey Pursuit?

 

And what do Elddis add to their tropical  storm to take it from merely a Cyclone and make it a Super Cyclone? 

 

How many true VIPs enjoy caravanning. Maybe Prince Charles tows a Coachman for his holidays. 

 

eriba have the amusingly named Troll, which is quite witty given the very low roofline and presumably little headroom. 

 

There’s an Elddis Chatsworth opposite us now, which is pleasantly inoffensive and a Coachman Wanderer along the way, which is probably the best caravan name I’ve seen yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomson caravans named their caravan models with Scottish connotations. The only model I remember was the smallest model which was the MiniGlen. My late "outlaws" had one which they towed behind a Mini Countryman.It was the same width as a Mini - the car not the skirt.:rolleyes:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FrankBullet said:

 

Do you mean Pistachio?

As I said, "sort of":D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DeeTee said:

Thomson caravans named their caravan models with Scottish connotations. The only model I remember was the smallest model which was the MiniGlen. 

Thompson T-Line produced the Mini Glen that had Mini wheels too, the standard Glen had slightly larger wheels I believe. Didn't they also market the Braemar, Clyde and Solway. Then there was a Glendale, Gleneagle and Glennevis(?) and a much larger Glenrosa(?) If I recall there was also an Almond, or was it Glenalmond, and an Avon? I'm sure there were other Glen(something) names too but I cannot recall them just now.

Gordon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon said:

Thompson T-Line produced the Mini Glen that had Mini wheels too, the standard Glen had slightly larger wheels I believe. Didn't they also market the Braemar, Clyde and Solway. Then there was a Glendale, Gleneagle and Glennevis(?) and a much larger Glenrosa(?) If I recall there was also an Almond, or was it Glenalmond, and an Avon? I'm sure there were other Glen(something) names too but I cannot recall them just now.

Gordon

I also recall the Glenalmond and the Gleneagle but not the others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week I was on a site at Belper and the caravan next to us was called Penny .

 

My motorhome is called D'Artagnan as there are the two of us and the dog .

 

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our last caravan was simply called The Heap of Junk.

 

We were going to be given the number plate ending in FKU for our motorhome. It would have been easy to use that as a suitable name.  Thought better of it in the end, and got the plate swapped. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the manufacturers have to call them SOMETHING!  So pick some sort of “theme” for each incarnation. What’s the alternative?  Just use numbers like BMW or Peugeot cars? 

 

What really gets me are the dopey owners who ‘name” their caravans as if they are animate objects or some form of sentient beings.

 

Hellooooo! They are just boxes made of various types of materials, screwed together (rather poorly sometimes) I often wonder if they name their lawnmower, or kitchen sink?  Do YOU?? 

 

Andy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

What really gets me are the dopey owners who ‘name” their caravans as if they are animate objects or some form of sentient beings.

 

Hellooooo! They are just boxes made of various types of materials, screwed together (rather poorly sometimes) I often wonder if they name their lawnmower, or kitchen sink?  Do YOU?? 

 

Andy 

Why shouldn't people name their caravans? It doesn't hurt you does it? It's their life - let them lead it how they want!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i frequently call ours "Rotton" dam hole in the bank balance way to often LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

What really gets me are the dopey owners who ‘name” their caravans as if they are animate objects or some form of sentient beings.

 

Hellooooo! They are just boxes made of various types of materials, screwed together (rather poorly sometimes) I often wonder if they name their lawnmower, or kitchen sink?  Do YOU?? 

 

Andy 

 

It’s harmless fun.

 

Both ours has a name, Percy, and my sisters which she bought with the name already on it (Audrey).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cher129 said:

i frequently call ours "Rotton" dam hole in the bank balance way to often LOL

 

:goodpost:  :lol:

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cher129 said:

i frequently call ours "Rotton" dam hole in the bank balance way to often LOL

If it was the marine world, you'd have a boat shaped hole into which you pour £50 notes.... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I call mine 'nothing-but-trouble' (polite version!) & it has truly earned it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cool, how many people have so many opinions. interesting names

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 22:48, Mr Plodd said:

 

 

What really gets me are the dopey owners who ‘name” their caravans as if they are animate objects or some form of sentient beings.

 

How very dare you Sir, I’ve just been outside and told Stephanie what you said and she says she is not inanimate, shame on you Plodd 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve named my van but sadly I cannot repeat it on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scoobz said:

I’ve named my van but sadly I cannot repeat it on here.

I guess we've all had caravans like that :ph34r: but thanks for not sharing the name online ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tow vehicle is called "the truck" and the caravan is called "the van".  Simples!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 21:48, Mr Plodd said:

I suppose the manufacturers have to call them SOMETHING!  So pick some sort of “theme” for each incarnation. What’s the alternative?  Just use numbers like BMW or Peugeot cars? 

 

What really gets me are the dopey owners who ‘name” their caravans as if they are animate objects or some form of sentient beings.

 

Hellooooo! They are just boxes made of various types of materials, screwed together (rather poorly sometimes) I often wonder if they name their lawnmower, or kitchen sink?  Do YOU?? 

 

Andy 

Hellooooo!   You may seem a nice guy but you have no imagination , Do YOU?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...