carterp7

Alde Hot Water and heating

I have just returned from a week away and connected my power supply to my New Swift Elegance 580 and found the hot water and heating does not work on electric but will on Gas. It was fine whilst we were away, has anybody else had this problem

Do you have the mains symbol showing?, have you selected electric as the heating source ?

I have the lighting symbol on my swift command.  Checked all fuses heating light is on. Heating is set to 30 degrees and hot water set to 2KW Gas set to off.

suspect you have no mains 230v into the van. Do your sockets work?

Yes everything 230v works

The Alde is on a separate fuse because of the load, surely.... It is on our Bailey

Have you set the water temperature about 3rd symbol down which gives booster for extra hot water?

We have a 580 and when we shut down the Alde it nearly always shuts down the hot water and has to be reinstated

You can see if the heating is running as the pump symbol,top left of Alde screen turns indicating pump running

cheers

I have set the hot water to boost and still not working. The pump signal top left is not turning either.

Tks for reply

23 minutes ago, carterp7 said:

I have set the hot water to boost and still not working. The pump signal top left is not turning either.

Tks for reply

That's how it works! Selecting hot water boost simply turns the pump off so that the hot water gets all the heat output

But there is no hot water either

We had this once on our Challenger, all I did was a factory settings reset and it all worked ok.

Good luck

I have already tried this and needless to say it did not work

There may be conflicting settings on the Swift Command. We recommend contacting your dealer. They can Talk you through isolating the Alde system from the Swift Command, and fault-finding from there.

To give heating control to the Alde panel you need to select "manual" under heating settings on the control panel.

On my 2017 I also have to apply mains by pushing the amber switch in on the fuse board (PDU).