Gingerbear

Avondale Osprey 2008

Posted (edited)

Hi. I’ve just bought my first trailer caravan and being a bit too trusting of the seller I’m now finding problems. There wasn’t an instruction manual included for my Avondale Osprey 2008 and I was hoping someone could take pity and point me in the direction where I could get one and maybe a decent caravan service based in Cheshire.

Also so if anyone knows the combination of the switches to get the fridge working it would also be appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance

Edited by Gingerbear

One of our Admin is an Avondale expert and every manual that is available is pinned at the head of this section.

Best of luck and :welcome:

I used to have that exact van (same model and year).  We bought it from new and kept it for 5 years, fantastic van - still the biggest kitchen space we have ever had!

I used to have a spare manual but am pretty sure we didn’t keep it once we had sold the van.  I am struggling to remember the fridge but if you can post of a photo of the controls it might come back to me!

Mark.

4 hours ago, Gingerbear said:

Hi. I’ve just bought my first trailer caravan and being a bit too trusting of the seller I’m now finding problems. There wasn’t an instruction manual included for my Avondale Osprey 2008 and I was hoping someone could take pity and point me in the direction where I could get one and maybe a decent caravan service based in Cheshire.

Also so if anyone knows the combination of the switches to get the fridge working it would also be appreciated.

I too had a 2008 Avondale Osprey and took the time to scan the handbook before trading the caravan in, so as others have indicated this is available at the head of the Avondale section for all to download, so that should answer your questions.

A word of warning - the front reading lamps have halogen bulbs as standard and these get very hot so take care when using the local on/off switch as that and the metal back plate also gets excessively hot! I measured 97.5 deg C so fitted our lamps with LEDs to make them safe.

Lampwith halogen bulb - HOT.jpg

Lamp Switch 343.jpg        

Lamp with LED.jpg

2008 Osprey S.jpg