Sign in to follow this  
rambler2

Europe trip

6 minutes ago, Ashey said:

I appreciate what you are saying  but we like a stress free holiday  thats why I like Europe  and being a European

I dont have the same faith in our politicians as yourself and others

we usually go around end of June  but my wife can only take 2 weeks and dosn't  want any problems so we are going on a Cruise instead from Southampton to the Med

enjoy the rest of your holiday

Brexit or no Brexit if you’re British you will still be European

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr Plodd said:

Steve

Check out the post immediately above yours for the details! 

Chaumont Sur Loire for probably a week then moving on to Saumur to pick up some fizzy red wine. They make a particularly  good one there that’s a favourite, and we are (nearly) out! 

Andy

Fizzy Red Wine  !!!!!!!!!      Ych y Fi

Edited by Les Medes

14 hours ago, moorgate said:

It's not stopping us. I have no IDP or  Green Card. We are still in the EU so they aren't needed. 

We got back today after 8 days away. That was my attitude as well

13 hours ago, meadowsweet said:

Sailing a week Monday.

I really don't care.  I've had six months of anxiety and stress worrying about a No Deal and all the other miseries of Brexit.

I don't think anything will happen in June and if it does we will stay in France forever!!!!

Why have you let it worry you? Unless you are one of the government negotiators there is nothing you can do about it so why let it worry you?  

We are, God willing, on our way to French France on Tuesday next!

IDP and green card in place just in case!

Back in mid July ,

1 hour ago, Mr Plodd said:

Steve

Check out the post immediately above yours for the details! 

Chaumont Sur Loire for probably a week then moving on to Saumur to pick up some fizzy red wine. They make a particularly  good one there that’s a favourite, and we are (nearly) out! 

Andy

Andy, saw your post as I pressed the 'Submit Reply' button - doh! We tried Chaumont in 2016 when we had a Raclet Solena Trailer Tent ['Pram hood' type. so needs a very flat pitch ...] - lots of pitches, but none with a flat enough surface! So, we pushed on to Amboise and stayed at L'Isle D'Or, which is both beautiful and very cheap! Probably head there again in the next 2 weeks or so, or may return to Montoire sur Le Loire, or Chauvigny or Montmorillon. All are Camping Municipals and within walking distance of mediaeval town centres; very relaxing and uncommercial!

Would your red wine be a St Hilaire/St Florent?

Steve

2 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

All depends what you are looking for. We tend to use ACSI sites because, on an 8 or 9 week trip it keeps the cost down a bit and out of season they are excellent value.

For Versailles we use Camping Huttopia Versailles. (ACSI no, 1885)  Nothing special, pitches a bit uneven and unkempt. Lovely hot showers though! Very easy access by bus into Versailles itself for the palace and a 10 minute walk to the railway station for trains into Paris every 20 minutes!

Andy

We've just got back from France, we spent 4 nights at Camping Huttopia Versailles.  

To add to what Andy said, some pitches are small and would be difficult to get on and off without a motor mover.  It can also get muddy when it rains.

If you are cyclists then it is an easy cycle ride in to Versailles.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Brexit or no Brexit if you’re British you will still be European

I know that

thats why I dont want to leave the European community I like  being a part of it especially after meeting many people from other countrys  whilst on holiday in my caravan

Edited by Ashey
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Ashey said:

I know that

thats why I dont want to leave the European community I like  being a part of it especially after meeting many people from other countrys  whilst on holiday in my caravan

Whether in or out you will still meet the same people.  :D

• Haha 1