I’m planning to store my caravan at home behind the house on an area of paving. In order to get to the paving, it has to cross the grass of our garden. Would an inflatable jockey wheel be better than the standard one for it to travel over the grass (or something else)?  Also, has anyone got any experience of this product to put down as a temporary grass protector and to try to spread the caravan weight: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MUWN4W2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A23Q2U73KU2NJA&psc=1

Thanks

Paul

Posted (edited)

I keep my 'van in the same situation and cross our back lawn to get it to its resting place.  I have a puncture proof wheel which looks and behaves like an inflatable one except it doesn't go down.  It's certainly an improvement on an ordinary hard wheel.  Whether it digs into the lawn depends on what kind of weather we've had - how soft the ground is!  I use 'Trac grip' mats  under the wheels moving them ( deftly! ) as my wife motor-moves the 'van backwards into it's place.  It's not a 'show lawn', which I suppose is a good thing, but it's okay!  We are prepared to accept this situation in order to keep our 'van at home and ready for the off but lovers of a 'show lawn' may not.   :)  

John.

https://www.motorhomeshop.co.uk/a2752-milenco-grip-mat?source=googlebase&kw=&ci=156232467558&network=g&pm=&cid=686235119&aid=36230493112&tid=pla-685487628154&dev=c&mt=&lim=&lpm=9046301&pos=1o5&dm=&fid=&mid=112397357&pid=1031&country=GB&source=google&gclid=CjwKCAjw_MnmBRAoEiwAPRRWW1QC2FfZgg4KQylSi6hlnnen2C-8-XtAU7jdFmi2H5xLiLJFk3hE9BoCAF8QAvD_BwE

Edited by Leedslad
  • Thanks 1