Sign in to follow this  
Jo C

Caravan shower painfully low pressure

Hi 

I’m new to caravanning having purchased an 2000 Cyclone XL to go to Glastonbury.  The water pressure in the shower is really slow is there anything I can do to improve it (on battery only) 

i also have an external connection that says shower but not sure if this is for the internal one or an external add on ?

yours confused ...

EA096A26-3E15-4044-A42D-2F466AD65EBF.jpeg

Jo C

The image shows the pump inlet and the 'external shower' outlet. The blue cap houses a filter, has this been changed? internal water pressure is about 1bar, 15psi, at normal operating pressure. You don't say what the pressure is like from the taps.

And welcome! 

Swift Elegance 480, towed by a Mitsubishi Outlander GX4 Automatic.

The external shower is for doing things like washing dogs or washing Glastonbury mud off the wellies.

Remove the filter and see how that alters the shower presssure. At Glastonbury will you have mains hook up? If not will the battery last the event?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

5 hours ago, David P said:

Jo C

The image shows the pump inlet and the 'external shower' outlet. The blue cap houses a filter, has this been changed? internal water pressure is about 1bar, 15psi, at normal operating pressure. You don't say what the pressure is like from the taps.

And welcome! 

Hi thanks - I guessed that was for some external use. Thanks for tip on filter . Taps work but hardly what I would call fast flowing 

Hi thanks - I guessed that was for some external use. Thanks for the tip on filter not tried that yet. Taps work but hardly what I would call fast flowing 

4 hours ago, WispMan said:

The external shower is for doing things like washing dogs or washing Glastonbury mud off the wellies.

Remove the filter and see how that alters the shower presssure. At Glastonbury will you have mains hook up? If not will the battery last the event?

Thanks I’m sure there will be mud !!

thanks for the tip on the filter.

previous trips in a different caravan battery has been fine for the duration - it was the fridge that packed up the last time. All has to be gas and battery no such luxury as electric at Glasto 

No hook-ups at Glastonbury, and getting water is not easy - be prepared to queue for 30 minutes or more at the tap!