Sign in to follow this  
Daveg

radio

Hi all

Radio has a blank screen and obviously not working . The main fuse in electric fuse box is ok , but is there an in-line fuse behind the actual radio that may have blown . Its all boxed in so would like to know before I strip it out 

Elddis affinity 550

Thanks  

If the fusebox has a fuse specifically for the radio and it is good there is unlikely to be another fuse in line. Having said that some radios do have a fuse as part of the rear multi-pin connector.

One thought: if your TV aerial amp is close (next) to the radio and the amp is working then either the radio fuse is blown or the connector has become detached as they come from the same power source.

You don't need to 'strip it out, just use the extractors provided, release the catches and pull the radio out of its mount. You will probably need to take the display off and maybe even remove the bezel around the front to be able to insert the extractor tools, but it is an easy job. The fuse, if fitted, will be a very small two-pin, maybe 5A or 10A.

Thanks 

Yes the aerial amp is ok . I have took front off radio ( nothing to see there ) , then there is a bezel .

Dont recall seeing  any "extraction tool"

1 hour ago, Daveg said:

Thanks 

Yes the aerial amp is ok . I have took front off radio ( nothing to see there ) , then there is a bezel .

Dont recall seeing  any "extraction tool"

Dependent on the type of radio fitted these could either be two bent pieces of wire or four thin metal blades about 2 inches long by 3/16 of an inch wide.