Sign in to follow this  
fordsmaxer

2018 vip front panoramic window blind

Has anyone had problems with the front panoramic window blind jamming when opening. It goes up about two thirds and then jams when opening in morning, later in day after sun been on it a few hours it opens fully. It’s been looked at twice by dealers and “rectified” but we are now away for a few weeks and it’s the same again! Have emailed dealer but wondered if anyone on here has had a problem.

No, it is always a bit stiff and I open it a wee bit using the tabs then push under the main bar.

You could try using a small amount of silicon spray on the side runners.

Hope this helps!

Martin W

I've found it helps to get your fingers on top of the blind to ensure it 'concertinas' ( I may have invented a new word!) properly. it can bunch upwards if just pushed up but we've never had a problem with opening fully.

Feeling the side runners they feel lubricated, I assume this is what dealer did last time

I’ve now tried it again and it’s gone back, yet from 0730 this morning it jammed ,this is what usually happens. Thanks for replies.

Get up later?:D

• Haha 2

I will try that tomorrow! As problems go this is not major but l would like to get it sorted now under warranty, rather than wait and it fails altogether and costs me arm and leg. We pay a lot for vans and things should work.

1 hour ago, Mickyjb said:

I've found it helps to get your fingers on top of the blind to ensure it 'concertinas' ( I may have invented a new word!) properly. it can bunch upwards if just pushed up but we've never had a problem with opening fully.

Like you I use my fingers to feed it to stop it as you say bunching, I did have a problem with the blind closing en route but that was sorted by dealer, now I keep the blind shut

We've had this on 2 new Coachmans and put it down to "newness"  (or curvature) although a squirt of Mr Sheen or similar does help a bit.

Les - advice is not to leave these closed for any length of time to avoid damage from heat build up in sunny weather.

Silicone spray anything special about it as my locker doors have a label saying to spray with it and I will buy some.

Our panoramic blind failed miserably at the end of our holidays in France in October last year. It had always been stiff to operate since we first picked the caravan up, but suddenly the cord on one side parted followed swiftly afterwards by the cord on the other side !

Our dealer was great and I just emailed him and attached photos of the problem and he ordered a new one for us straight away from Coachman  under warranty and we had the repairs carried out a month later. The new one is much better and easier to use being not stiff but it can have a tendency to bunch up or 'concertina' (what a lovely word !) but if I push the blind up gently then no problem.

There must be an inherent problem with the blind going on the posts submitted on this thread.

Alan 

16 hours ago, David 38 said:

Silicone spray anything special about it as my locker doors have a label saying to spray with it and I will buy some.

I always use Silicon, stopped WD40 some years ago

On 29/04/2019 at 08:49, fordsmaxer said:

Has anyone had problems with the front panoramic window blind jamming when opening. It goes up about two thirds and then jams when opening in morning, later in day after sun been on it a few hours it opens fully. It’s been looked at twice by dealers and “rectified” but we are now away for a few weeks and it’s the same again! Have emailed dealer but wondered if anyone on here has had a problem.

I have the same problem on mine but in my case it won’t go all the way down  looking at  one side the cord had  Fraid and had bunched up and stopping the full travel 

have a new blind ordered under warranty and going in to fit it next week

I also had a problem with this blind on my 2016 Conqueror. Advised no to leave it closed for long periods (thinks what is the blind for?). I notice that the blinds on newer models have smaller pleats.