telegan

willerby static

looking at buying a 2019 willerby avonmore static

just wondering what you think about the quality of these vans

i have a swift at present and quality is very good

I have a 2014 Willerby Avonmore and in general I think the quality is pretty much OK.

No real issues just some annoyance in that the bedroom carpet was fitted with a slight gap where it butts up to the ensuite wall.

Well I love my Willerby Skye, but the build quality is not what I expected.

Under the first years warranty I had to get replaced,

1. An entire internal panel as it had a split,

2. External patio door refitted as there were no screws in the hinges,

3. Shower head holder and hose replaced, as the bar and hose were rusting,

4. External door handle replaced as the paint was peeling.

5. Repair a leak from under the Kitchen tap fitting

6. Drawer fixed that was really stiff to close

Now thats all fixed, I hope I have no more problems with it.

That said, its now out of Warranty and I see the chrome toilet roll holders are lightly pitted with corrosion.

I love the layout, but not their quality.

In my opinion they are just pushing them out the door asap.

Given the corrosion I have had I suspect they are using cheap low quality treatment houses.

At least half of my problems should of been detected prior to dispatch.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Judges said:

That said, its now out of Warranty and I see the chrome toilet roll holders are lightly pitted with corrosion.

Yup I have to agree with that also the bathroom chrome towell rail is showing rusting  through the chrome.

Having said that I cant say I'm surprised being in the dampest room. Maybe plastic might have been a better bet.

Edited by springtime

On 29/04/2019 at 22:30, Judges said:

Well I love my Willerby Skye, but the build quality is not what I expected.

Under the first years warranty I had to get replaced,

1. An entire internal panel as it had a split,

2. External patio door refitted as there were no screws in the hinges,

3. Shower head holder and hose replaced, as the bar and hose were rusting,

4. External door handle replaced as the paint was peeling.

5. Repair a leak from under the Kitchen tap fitting

6. Drawer fixed that was really stiff to close

Now thats all fixed, I hope I have no more problems with it.

I love the layout, but not their quality.

In my opinion they are just pushing them out the door asap.

Given the corrosion I have had I suspect they are using cheap low quality treatment houses.

At least half of my problems should of been detected prior to dispatch.

Hi Judges  how long did it take Willerby to respond to your faults?

Judges was last here in early May, so let's hope they return soon to give you  their reply.

I was told Willerby make the site selling the van to you responsible for first point of contact regarding warranty issues.

They ( the caravan site ) then interface with Willerby regarding  the warranty issue.

I believe the Caravan site negotiate what they - the site will fix and what Willerby will be required to send a representative or parts to fix.

I was told a Willerby team come on site once a month to rectify issues ( jeez I thought - are there that many issues )

I'm lead to believe that Willerby did come on site and replaced the wall panel that split. - that took about 1 month.

For the leaking kitchen tap fitting ( 2 attempts to fix ) and the sticking drawer - the caravan site handy man fixed those. - took a couple of months as several attempts were made.

The other issues i don't know who fixed them. - patio door 1 month after reporting, paint peeling from door handle about 2 months ( probably cos new handles needed ordering ) .

Shower head 1 month for parts and I fitted them myself during the second month, cos i could'nt wait any longer having them sit there and not fitted.

Like I said before - I like the layout, but in "my humble opinion" as an ex Quality Auditor, Willerby Quality - is not as good as I would of expected !!

Hi Judges thank you for your reply, we are currently waiting for Willerby to call on site to inspect our Willerby Skye caravan, after a lot of complaining to the site we eventually after5 weeks got someone from the site to inspect the caravan,

we thought the caravan just needed levelling as things were out of level ,plumb ,square  etc it turns out that most of the cross members of the chassis are bent down on both sides of the caravan so it cannot be levelled , we have been waiting now over 3 weeks for someone to call and inspect it , there are also a few of the problems that you mention like sink tap leaking into  unit pitted fittings in shower and en  suite rooms etc. etc. we don,t  know how this has occurred     maybe  built like it or caused in transit we have to wait until Willerby inspect it and make a decision.

Did you use a credit card for £100 or more of the purchase price?  If so you have sone protection.

Thanks for your reply WispMan but unfortunately it was paid for by debit card,

its a point well worth remembering.