Sign in to follow this  
Hoverspeed 03

creaking floor

on our vigo 3  between the bathroom wall and the fixed bed the floor seems to creek when walked on  I tried to alter the corner steadies but it made no difference its strange but when the steadies are not down it doesent seem to creek  does anybody else have this problem if so how did you fix it its not a big problem just an annoyance.

If you have these fixings that secure the wall to the floor, the screws sometimes become loose and need retightening.

https://www.primaleisure.com/product/1470003/apple-cherry-bracket-cover

https://www.primaleisure.com/product/1320046/zinc-diecast-angled-bracket

Hope this helps.

Hi

Thanks for the information there are some of these fixings  which I have already checked some were not tight but the floor still creaks.

Most creaking is caused,in my experience, because of units rubbing against each other....some can be corrected by insertion of small pieces of plastic or wood,

geoff

+1 on our S4 Valencia 

Thanks Geoff I will try that.

Our floor into washroom seemed to creak but I discovered that it was the threshold strip having been cut too long rubbing on door frame (sounded just like the floor creaking!). Took it off & filed it down a fraction & all creaking has stopped.

Hi

Have you got a Vigo only mine is in storage so can't go out and look  I'm pretty sure that there is only carpet on the floor I don't remember seeing a threshold strip but what you are saying would make sense.

No. Ours is a Rimini. The threshold strip is over the join in the vinyl underneath the carpet. Hope this helps.

10 hours ago, Endeeo said:

No. Ours is a Rimini. The threshold strip is over the join in the vinyl underneath the carpet. Hope this helps. Ok thanks I'll have a look next time I go down to the van.

Hi

Have you got a Vigo only mine is in storage so can't go out and look  I'm pretty sure that there is only carpet on the floor I don't remember seeing a threshold strip but what you are saying would make sense.