Fused switches on a 1997 Bailey van

Greetings! It's been a while. I've a new-to-me 1997 Hunter Lite 470/5, and everything's good. Except for the fact it's got two unidentified fused switches next to the Zig panel. One's going to be the water heater, but I'm at a loss what the other could be. I've switched one on, and I'm waiting to find out if the water's heating up... If not, I'll try the other. I'm still at a loss to what the second might be (I've ruled out sockets, fridge, hob, 12v circuits, and there's no electric space heating). Both are fitted with 13A fuses. One is mounted flush, one has a back-box. It's not easy to follow the wiring at the rear...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

20190428_153311.jpg

Oh, and another one... next to a plug socket below the front seats. It's not for the socket. My wild guess would be for an optional socket in the front trunk (not fitted in my case), but if anyone actually knows... Again, a 13A fuse currently fitted.

20190428_154420.jpg

Unless it's very well hidden, Jaydug, I have no electric space heating.

I've "diagnosed" the back-boxed switch as the water heater now, at least. Just two left to identify... If only the Owner's Handbook included such useful info.

Are you sure one isn't the fridge?

If it's got an interior light (I'm not sure that one of that vintage will have)  that runs from the 12V supply so just because the light is on doesn't prove that it's working.

The other could well be the electric space heater, which is an element built into the gas convector not a separate unit, the giveaway would be some sort of thermostat setting that is wall or cupboard mounted rather than directly on the heater.

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

On 29/04/2019 at 18:50, bspks said:

Are you sure one isn't the fridge?

The other could well be the electric space heater, which is an element built into the gas convector not a separate unit.

I'm pretty sure it's not the fridge, as that's been working whilst all the switches are off (using EHU). One could be the fridge gas ignition, I suppose, though would that be through a wall-mounted fused switch?  The gas heater is definitely a gas-only Carver - no sneakily hidden electric elements. The other contender, perhaps, is the hob ignition. It's not working at the moment, so I might see if I can trace that back to one of these switches.

Thanks for your help, bspks. 

But would both of those not be 12 volt?

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75

How is the OP diagnosing that the fridge is working irrespective of the second switch/fused spur? The light in the fridge works off 12V so the light could be working but the fridge not cooling.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

One might be the power to the battery charger. 

Ssangyong Korando Sports SX / Adria Altea 472DS Eden

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/05/2019 at 14:01, iansoady said:

But would both of those not be 12 volt?

Good point. That rules out that theory :-)

On 01/05/2019 at 18:33, Woodentop said:

How is the OP diagnosing that the fridge is working irrespective of the second switch/fused spur? The light in the fridge works off 12V so the light could be working but the fridge not cooling.

The fridge had been cooling enough to provide ice for my whisky :-)  It's definitely working irrespective of the unidentified switches.

On 01/05/2019 at 18:38, bspks said:

One might be the power to the battery charger. 

The battery is definitely charging even with all the fused switches off. The mystery continues...