Sign in to follow this  
Daveg

Reassurance

Good morning 

After just paying slot of money for a new Affinity 550(perhaps on a whim) 

I am concerned by posts on this forum about Elddis being possibly the worst manufacturer, many having numerous faults and poor customer service. 

Guess it would just be nice to hear some positive feedback! 

Good morning to you, just like in life there is good and bad in everyone and everything.  I have owned an Elddis Affinity 540 for three years, not had one single issue with it.  Had eight vans in 24 years, still in love with it and not planning on changing in the near future, I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Enjoy your purchase life's too short for worrying.

• Thanks 1

I have an Elddis, and whilst,at 6 years old there are some minor faults(Major to SWMBO), basically it is a solid and dry caravan....like most caravans any problems have been with the supplied equipment in the build,not the builders.

Enjoy

geoff

• Thanks 1

If you think Elddis are bad have a look at the Bailey forum - leaking roof straps, and collapsing axles -cto mention but two major problems.

As is said here every month, you only hear about the bad' uns!

Just been on a site on Oxfordshire and watched a Lunar on a seasonal pitch having window resealed, next pitch an Adria ( unusual yes) with a leaky awning rail......further along a van that couldn't get all the automatic steadies down...........Ah the joys of caravanning!

geoff

Me, just a blocked waste system and a TV that wouldn't work.

Posted (edited)

Lots of Elddis vans at Caton Bay at the weekend so must be selling OK

Edited by Benny65

Ours is 8 this year.  The only problems we've had are 1) not being able to use it as much as we would like and 2) I've had to strip and clean the crud out of the "bathroom" light switch twice. The first time took half a day, long story, this morning took 20 minutes. B)

Posted (edited)

Our 2011 Elddis had a few problems and was the last year before they adopted the Solid construction. Apart from damp, they were trivial.

In the first year the oven cooling fan failed, the sink plastic drainer board split, stitching had missed on some of the seat cushions, a light switch broke - all were sorted under warranty. Year 2 or 3 damp was found at the front top right and was fixed under warranty needing a new awning rail and inside panel. Some time later stress cracks appeared in the front grp panel in the corners above the windows - Elddis and the dealer did not want to know but fortunately it does not leak and a cosmetic repair did not last so we just live with it. The oven cooling fan again failed but I obtained a similar replacement at little cost from RS components. Some other trivial things include the omni vent sticking when trying to open but it can be pushed with a thin welding rod that cost 10p, some of the wall paper joint strips are peeling. the brakes squealed but it stopped at the last service.

Edited by Paul1957

Doctors think every one is ill because they only ever see ill people.

Car mechanics think every car is broken down because they only ever see broken down cars

Why? .

Folks only complain when something goes wrong. As others have said above, the happy customer just carries on being happy and doesn't keep posting about it on forums.

Dave G, We picked our new Affinity 550 (its a dealer special) up early Feb this year and part ex'd a swift for it. We have done 10 nights in it since and love it, the lay out is brilliant and if OH and the mutt are happy then so am I. So far really pleased. tows like a dream.

Have had a couple of stupid things like one of the overhead locker locks coming loose nothing that drop of gorilla glue didn't sort out. Last time out a major fault, the 'D' ring on the door mounted rubbish bin snapped!!!

My only criticism is the front locker, firstly the door does lift high enough, its ok if your 4'0" but to 6 footers like me is to low, have just taken the rams off and use a broom handle to hold it up, secondly when you lock the locker door make sure the door is shut properly, as the front panel flexs a bit its easy to not engage the lock properly, although still locked and secure the first you know is when you nice and snug inside and get a draught that cuts your ankles off!!..

Apart from that enjoy your new van we are..

• Thanks 1

Hi DaveG another happy owner of an Affinity 550 owned new from 2017 with no issues whatsoever. We love the van it’s layout towability etc and we need something special to make us change

Had two Elddis. First one was a dealer special of an Avante. Had it from new. Had it 5 years. No damp, no problems.  Now have an Elddis Xplore 302. Built in 2013. We bought it second hand 18m ago. Has all the service documentation.  No damp no problems apart from the fly screen door string snapped last year ( sadly requiring a new door as restringing it is possible but didn’t work for us).  Fantastic tiny van.

In comparison our first van was a Swift, from new, damp every service for the first three years.  Got rid.

nanamel