Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rjbell78

Inconsiderate neighbour first time out.

Recommended Posts

On 26/04/2019 at 00:18, Glen and Les said:

There are other campsites in Wales!

Very true!

TBH, we found the CMC site at Pembrey little better, must be something about the area that attracts a certain type of person....

We arrived at the site  and picked one of three pitches in a row, all in a nice position, all empty. The warden told me I couldn`t pitch there as they were `out of use`. A few hours later three motorhomes were pitched there, and all were having a great time - along with the warden and his wife. He had `reserved` the pitches for his mates......

We found an alternative pitch, and all was well until the Friday evening when whilst eating out tea we had a knock on the door.  A pretty rude guy was informing us we would have to move because we were on `his` pitch! He came most weekends and always pitched there as his mates pitched adjacent. My reply was along the general lines of "no", if you get  my drift.

 

I like Wales, but this little corner held little attraction for us. The walking in the woods was good with the dog, but the surrounding area was a dump, there was nothing much to do without getting in the car and travelling (which at least gave you respite from  some of the people on site), and the locals were ignorant and rude with huge chips on both shoulders. Never again. If  I had to go to there I would sell the van first.

 

Horrible place, horrible people.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, angus said:

we had a knock on the door.  A pretty rude guy was informing us we would have to move because we were on `his` pitch! He came most weekends and always pitched there as his mates pitched adjacent. My reply was along the general lines of "no", if you get  my drift.

lol, you did right, that happened to us once. Bloke came knocking 3 times!!! 1st time I was polite, 2nd time a tad more forceful in my refusal to move, 3rd time I told him if he disturbed me again I'd rip his throat out..................he didn't come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 09:01, angus said:

we found the CMC site at Pembrey little better, must be something about the area that attracts a certain type of person....  Never again. If  I had to go to there I would sell the van first.

 

Horrible place, horrible people.

 

 

 

 

I look forward to reading your review HERE

 

So I guess it is not going to be 5 stars then?  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been to 5 CMCS in Wales and all have been fine, Shawsmead, St Davids, Freshwater east, Brecon and Aberbran, i guess occasionally you may be very unlucky with your neighbours on site but hasn't happened to us yet, you're just as likely to have problems anywhere in the UK certainly not confined to Wales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 09:01, angus said:

Very true!

TBH, we found the CMC site at Pembrey little better, must be something about the area that attracts a certain type of person....

We arrived at the site  and picked one of three pitches in a row, all in a nice position, all empty. The warden told me I couldn`t pitch there as they were `out of use`. A few hours later three motorhomes were pitched there, and all were having a great time - along with the warden and his wife. He had `reserved` the pitches for his mates......

We found an alternative pitch, and all was well until the Friday evening when whilst eating out tea we had a knock on the door.  A pretty rude guy was informing us we would have to move because we were on `his` pitch! He came most weekends and always pitched there as his mates pitched adjacent. My reply was along the general lines of "no", if you get  my drift.

 

I like Wales, but this little corner held little attraction for us. The walking in the woods was good with the dog, but the surrounding area was a dump, there was nothing much to do without getting in the car and travelling (which at least gave you respite from  some of the people on site), and the locals were ignorant and rude with huge chips on both shoulders. Never again. If  I had to go to there I would sell the van first.

 

Horrible place, horrible people.

 

 

I hope you left a suitable review on the CMC website or reported your findings to the Club. We understand your issues with the weekenders arriving and taking over. We love the site, but only Mon-Fri. As we can’t do that at the moment, because we look after our Grandchildren on Mondays and Tuesdays, we are currently not going there - but I do miss it for the cycling and beach walks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Glen and Les said:

I hope you left a suitable review on the CMC website or reported your findings to the Club. We understand your issues with the weekenders arriving and taking over. We love the site, but only Mon-Fri. As we can’t do that at the moment, because we look after our Grandchildren on Mondays and Tuesdays, we are currently not going there - but I do miss it for the cycling and beach walks.

It doesn’t matter what you write on a CMC site review, they bastardise it to suit themselves. A few years ago I reviewed their site in Littlehampton and I criticised a few points, when they published my review they had edited out my criticisms so I don’t bother anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2019 at 15:52, iansoady said:

A few years ago we pitched up at Riva Bella (or Les Pommiers as it was then) for a final night before catching the morning ferry. The site was fairly empty with loads of empty pitches.

 

 

Had exactly the same experience on this site. A group of CMC members returning from a rally thought it fine to pitch en masse around our unit with much less than 6m clear space. There was oodles of room elsewhere. Decided to use Ranville on the way home in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2019 at 18:44, rjbell78 said:

I've been a member of the CCC for a few years while tenting and i have to say i've not had the best experience i find it a little uptight. This is why the non club field appealed to me at pembrey and for the most part it was great. This problem however would not of happened on a CCC rally site.  Might be time to rethink my CCC opinion. 

 

Used to laugh at the C&CC plus C&MH obsession with parking to The White Stick-till July last year at Findhorn Bay where I returned in the evening to find my neighbour had parked his caravan less than 6 inches from my Alko hitch!!!

Now a committed fan of that white stick!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add my two-pennyworth...

 

 Here we are at Camping Barcelona (a bit of a stretch as it is about 25 miles north of the city) and were allocated this pitch having shown our ACSI card. The pitches were tight, the trees are the marker posts. We thought that the 'pitch' to the left was  not actually a 'pitch' as it was so narrow.

 

Wrong! During the evening a French registered motorhome arrived and snugly reversed in there. As you can see it was close enough to touch. The really odd thing was that the pitch opposite, which was wider, was (and remained) vacant! Fortunately they left the next morning.

 

Mind you the French motorhomers (is there such a word) seem to like filling the gaps! Here are a trio 'wild camping' in Portugal.

 

BH

P1060950.jpg

P1060953 100.jpg

P1050996.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...