rjbell78

Inconsiderate neighbour first time out.

I couldn't believe it when I got back from a walk to see my new neighbours setup!

This is my first time out is this something I should get used too?

IMG_20190424_121131.jpg

Posted (edited)

I assume there is a boundary dispute. Is this a site with demarcation or a "free for all?

Edited by Ern
  • Like 1

Looks like they are on your pitch ?

If so politely ask them to move it.

The question is

Do you want confrontation?

Posted (edited)

Just go to the Site staff and ask if the site's health and safety rules permits such a small separation between units. If not, let the Site staff deal with the infringement.  If they don't, avoid this site in the future and tell all your caravanning friends why. 

Edited by bessacarr425
  • Like 3

Straight off that's a H&S risk - Trip hazard and Fire hazard if his BBQ is that close. Commercial site - ball games are frowned upon due to risk of damage. Totally inconsiderate neighbour assuming you have pitched correctly (if indeed there is a 'correct' way).

Lets hope your waste does not overflow...

1 hour ago, rjbell78 said:

I couldn't believe it when I got back from a walk to see my new neighbours setup!

This is my first time out is this something I should get used too?

IMG_20190424_121131.jpg

There is absolutely no doubt that you will meet some right ***** and that you will have to get used to.

However rather than speak to the neighbour perhaps you should make doubly sure you have understood the pitching requirements at that site.  You could always ask the warden if he is happy with how you have pitched.   If he is then he will probably notice your little local difficulty!

• Like 1

First  how were the pitches laid out?   Did you follow the site owners instructions just how to pitch on the pitch?

If you did it right then clearly the other unit is completely wrong.

Posted (edited)

How does the neighbour expect you to get to the waste container - perhaps you should tramp up the side of your van, pulling the pegs out as you go.

Most sites do have rules or advice on how to pitch and their site licences usually have minimum spacing requirements. assuming that you've pitched in accordance with the site requirements, then go and have a word with the site owner/manager/warden if you want to avoid a confrontation with the obviously ignorant neighbour.

Some people get a bit narky about the CMC pitch rules but it does tend to avoid the situation that you seem to have encountered. The CMC would expect that your car should be parked on the area that your neighbour has staked out.

Edited by matelodave
  • Like 4

Don’t forget to let us know what the resolution is please!

• Like 1

No way would I accept that,ask them remove pegs and see what response you get.If not to your liking move them yourself. Thing is its not like a neighbor dispute at home if upset them you or they cam move. Make sure of your rights first but from what I see here they may just simply not have understand camp site etiquette,maybe newbies.

Maybe consider packing away the waste master and letting the waste water flood the pitch.  Maybe they will then move?  Just kidding however it you loosen the cap on the waste master and i drips out the smell may make them move?

Definitely have a word with the warden.  Not sure if the forum rules allow you to name the site or location?

• Like 3

I await a response on my question to the OP.

I asked as I can see a wooden post in the background and I'm wondering if it is the pitch boundary marker, if so maybe OP not well pitched, hence question on what does site owner ask.

• Like 1

In the picture there is a post shown behind your caravan - is this a pitch marker boundary? If so, then no part of your caravan or accessories should go beyond that point, neither should any part of your neighbour's setup, ie the guy ropes. I suggest you trot down to the site reception to first confirm that you have parked correctly, and then raise your concerns about your neighbour. Don't confront the neighbour yourself, and much as you may want to, don't resort to any underhand sabotage.

When we had our first caravan, we had a similar "situation" with a family who attempted to hide their tents by pitching them so close to us that their guy ropes were barely accessible, with one actually tied to our corner steady. There's a lot more to this tale but suffice to say that I complained to the site owner and they were evicted from the site by the site owner. I have to say that this was a one off occurrence and while we have occasionally had inconsiderate neighbours, never anything so blatant as this since.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

This is a well run site at Pembrey Country Park over the weekend. I was guided in by a a member of staff so i've pitched correctly. The post is a divider of the pitches.

I'm a pretty quite guy who doesn't like confrontation but i was so incensed with this i  told them to move it as soon as i saw it. I did not get any apology or even any eye contact when doing so. Listening to them over the weekend they sounded like a nice family i just don't get how they could think that was acceptable. Not only was this invasion a issue they had  parked a second vehicle in a manner that made it difficult for me to get out when leaving on Monday. Being my first time out i had to reverse out of my pitch which was a bit nerve racking.

Edited by rjbell78

Definitely what the others have said.  First and foremost, make sure you have pitched correctly.  Nothing worse than having a "go" at them, when it is you that's in the wrong.  Always, always, be in the right first, so do your homework, which should take no more than 5 minutes.  Go round and ask politely if they can move their pegs and guidelines as its a trip/fire hazard, and if no deal, then go and see the owner/warden, and if they don't help, and you've only just arrived, then either ask for a refund of your stay and go elsewhere, or ask them for another pitch as you aren't happy with this dangerous set up

• Like 1

The second car would raise questions too, sites have rules on them and it might should have been in the sites car park.

• Like 1

A few years ago we pitched up at Riva Bella (or Les Pommiers as it was then) for a final night before catching the morning ferry. The site was fairly empty with loads of empty pitches.

We went out for a meal and on our return couldn't believe that another British caravan was pitched up no more than 2 metres from our offside wall. They ignored us as we returned.

I can only imagine they were frightened by being in a "foreign" camp site and wanted the reassurance of friendly (which I certainly wasn't) faces around them.

I've noticed this clustering tendency by British caravanners elsewhere on French sites but that's the worst we've experienced.

• Like 1

It reminds me of the Cleethorpes showground site, one we'll never go to again :lol:

• Like 1

Defies belief really doesn’t it :wub:

Having said that it’s pretty normal practice on Italian campsites!!

Andy

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rjbell78 said:

This is a well run site at Pembrey Country Park over the weekend. I was guided in by a a member of staff so i've pitched correctly. The post is a divider of the pitches.

This is the council owned park rather than the CMHC site just off the entrance road?  There have been a few posts over the years about the council owned one attracting some of the less desirable members of society, it looks like you have met some of them!  The CMHC site is more expensive but better (in our opinion, but we have only used it once, back in 2013).

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, iansoady said:

We went out for a meal and on our return couldn't believe that another caravan was pitched up no more than 2 metres from our offside wall.

Some caravanners cant resist wanting company.   A couple of years ago I had one arrive next to me on an empty site.

This was the view from my awning :-

P1070298.JPG.700c57857a1111da9e6a8e9844c508c2.JPG

On my return:-

P1070299.JPG.7dce75e6c4df6af356f0233e49dfa4bf.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryB1969 said:

This is the council owned park rather than the CMHC site just off the entrance road?  There have been a few posts over the years about the council owned one attracting some of the less desirable members of society, it looks like you have met some of them!  The CMHC site is more expensive but better (in our opinion, but we have only used it once, back in 2013).

I was at the park myself just before Easter visiting and looked at the sites . I would go next door to the CMC site .

Dave

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WispMan said:

The question is

Do you want confrontation?

I quite enjoy it

• Haha 2

We seen this site a few years ago definitely not for us?