Sign in to follow this  
LifelessTrel

Caravan Kettle

Hi Guys

Any suggestions for what Kettle to buy for the Caravan 

Thanks in advance 

Trel

Good wide base with loud whistle   Works on gas, anytime anyplace, and not tied to the orange umbilical 

• Thanks 1

Get a low wattage one, mine is from my local caravan shop and is 900w. I also have a kettle that can be boiled on the gas that we use when travelling through France.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

For gas use we use an aluminium camping kettle with folding handle and whistle, about £6.00-£7.00.

For electric the Aldi one as mentione above, Tesco and Argos do budget range 1kw or 1.5kw kettles, we hav had our 1kw Tesco 'Value' range for a coupleof years, works just fine for £6.00.

Edited by Sea&Sand

We have two kettles, one is gas with a whistle that can be used anytime, while the other is a low wattage mains electric (750W) one that takes an age to boil but is probably used most as we are usually on EHU, and using it leave a gas ring available for other things.

We have one for Gas with a whistle and the other is a low wattage Swiss Luxx make widely available in caravan dealers, and very reliable

Russell Hobbs 23840 Travel Light Small Kettle  £14.99 from Argos

6 hours ago, Sea&Sand said:

For gas use we use an aluminium camping kettle with folding handle and whistle, about £6.00-£7.00.

For electric the Aldi one as mentione above, Tesco and Argos do budget range 1kw or 1.5kw kettles, we hav had our 1kw Tesco 'Value' range for a coupleof years, works just fine for £6.00.

Ah, so no worries about Alzheimer's then?

2 hours ago, Woodentop said:

My late Mother had one of those, used it for years till she passed away,still compos mentis, at 97.

geoff

There's a far greater risk from alcohol and smoking, using the kettle for a cup of tea would drastically lower the risk.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Woodentop said:

Ah, so no worries about Alzheimer's then?

I won't bother with a response re Alzheimers risk, but thank you for raising the question, appreciated :rolleyes:.

Edited by Sea&Sand

We have a cheap kettle that we can use on gas or on the electric hop very useful and lite.