Sign in to follow this  
bconnelly

Hobby 575 VIP

Hi folks.

All going well i will be taking delivery of a 2011 Hobby 575 VIP next week. I've been keen to own one for several years and finally made the move from My Abbey Spectrum 419. One thing I have noticed in a severe lack of online information and advice on the range. Don't get me wrong, forums like this are doing a great job but still the content is very limited. By way of an example I have spent a few days now searching for the dimensions of the 575 VIP, in total I found 3 articles and they all contradict each other. Take the shipping length , according to the 3 sites which show photos of the correct van, it is either 5.7m,  6.2m or 7.19m. Even allowing for expansion in the Scottish sun, that's quite a difference.

I appreciate this forum more than any other I've found does cater in part for Hobby vans but if there is sufficient interest and it would not be stepping on toes, I would be prepared (in my own time and at my own expense) to create a new forum dedicated to Hobby owners and enthusiasts. Would this be of interest to you? Please let me know.

My Hobby 540 is 5.4 Metres so I would assume it will be 5.75 ,metres plus the length of the A frame. I may be wrong but that's the way I've always understood the Hobby Model designations to work.

Gordon

Hi both and thanks for your reply - Flying Grandad, I came across the sub forum just before I read your reply so no need for a second forum. Gordon 7912, thank you too. Tallying the model number to the length seems quite logical and agrees with one of the sites i've looked at.  I guess if I had any patience I could wait and measure it when it arrives.  I'm like a big kid waiting for Christmas :-)

Bryan

Unfortunately your 575 VIP isn’t a 2011 caravan but it is a 2010 caravan, they were only made for the 2010 year. The chassis number will have FA in it and this denotes it is a 2010 model.  When it comes to the length the model number is nothing to do with the length, there are several lengths for the same model numbers on the same year.  The shipping length of the 575 VIP is 7800mm, the body length is 6622mm which includes the front locker and the caravan without the front locker is 6029mm

Thanks JayTea, information is much appreciated. The van was advertised as 2011 but i'm not going to lose any sleep over that. I did wonder about the model to length thing as it didn't tally with some of the other vans I looked at so appreciate your input.

Hello everybody,

Does anybody have any idea of the weight of the above mentioned caravan?

On 30/01/2020 at 20:11, Seaside H said:

Hello everybody,

Does anybody have any idea of the weight of the above mentioned caravan?

1600kgs