Sign in to follow this  
I stevens

Power lost

Hi all 

I’ve got a hobby kfu 650 2016 just changed battery’s on it and all power lost checked fuses all on there power 12 v coming in but nothing going out check 240 v power coming in but no 12v power going out sockets working can any have an idea what’s happened please thanks ian 

Hi, I have 2008 690SMF and I seem to have the opposite situation to what you are experiencing.

All the circuits in the van are all operating, including the the 12v supply to Vision Plus VP4  TV signal finder/booster and the oven igniter unit.

But there is no 12v supply to the cigar lighter type sockets, I have checked all the fuses I can find so far, but I can' t find any sign of blown fuses or any sign of overheating or burning. I am still looking for a remedy.

Kingston Bailey

South Wales

Both of these faults sound like fuses that are either blown or inserted incorrectly.

If 12V is successfully getting to one side of the fuse, but not to the light/socket/appliance there are only a limited number of possibilities.

It may however, be worth checking the power to the fuse with a test bulb rather than a meter. Sometimes a poor connection will carry enough current to register the full voltage on a meter, but not carry enough to light a bulb.

4 hours ago, kingston Bailey said:

Hi, I have 2008 690SMF and I seem to have the opposite situation to what you are experiencing.

All the circuits in the van are all operating, including the the 12v supply to Vision Plus VP4  TV signal finder/booster and the oven igniter unit.

But there is no 12v supply to the cigar lighter type sockets, I have checked all the fuses I can find so far, but I can' t find any sign of blown fuses or any sign of overheating or burning. I am still looking for a remedy.

Kingston Bailey

South Wales

There is often an inline fuse at the back of these cigar lighter sockets. Worth checking.

Posted (edited)

It's possible it has never had power to the socket

Edited by JayTea