Jump to content
Stevesown

Tyre pressures

Recommended Posts

Hi all, recently acquired a Lunar Conquest 462, 2012. 

Person I bought it from has lost all books etc, got a book about various models but not specific to ours. 

Can anyone tell me the correct tyre pressure please? 

I believe the conquest is a dealer special based on the quasar, 462 which is the same weight & what I can find on Internet says 4.0bar/58psi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, on our Pegasus 2014 it has a Bailey Decal on nearside front with all info ? Mine says TP  60lbs / 4.2 bar. The single axle models are all about that pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stevesown said:

Hi all, recently acquired a Lunar Conquest 462, 2012. 

Person I bought it from has lost all books etc, got a book about various models but not specific to ours. 

Can anyone tell me the correct tyre pressure please? 

I believe the conquest is a dealer special based on the quasar, 462 which is the same weight & what I can find on Internet says 4.0bar/58psi.

 

There should be a label on the caravan body close to the door which shows weights and the tyre pressure.

As a general rule of thumb, if it is single axle with 185R14 tyres then somewhere around 58-60psi is the norm. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stevesown said:

Hi all, recently acquired a Lunar Conquest 462, 2012. 

Person I bought it from has lost all books etc, got a book about various models but not specific to ours. 

Can anyone tell me the correct tyre pressure please? 

I believe the conquest is a dealer special based on the quasar, 462 which is the same weight & what I can find on Internet says 4.0bar/58psi.

 

That sounds right - my 2013 Clubman is 1496 kg MTPLM and uses 65 psi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can download manual for Lunar vans generally on Lunar Website, and the Service Book gives tyre pressures.

For some reason the website doesn't have the 2012 service book, but the 2011 one says 58psi for the Quasar 462.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crannoghome said:

 

I did that when I bought my Lunar, it came up with a figure of 48 psi which I used for a couple of seasons until I realised that both shoulders were wearing badly from under-inflation.

 

Stick with the manufacturers recommended figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tyre walls have a maximum pressure stamped on them and the maximum load weight. Our tyres have 65 psi on them which corresponds to the 65 psi given by Elddis at the MTPLM of 1499 kg. If the caravan is not loaded to this the pressure can be reduced but I keep them at 65.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to Lunars Website and see Service Booklet tyre sizes, weights pressures are all given in the spec sheet for 2018 vans etc. A 2018 Quasar 462 runs at 52psi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all for replies 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've just looked in my 2012 Lunar Service book (I have a  2012 Lexon 420)  and it gives the 2012 Quasar 462 pressures as 58psi and the tyre size as 185 R14 C.

I'm guessing the Conquest is a dealer special from that year, but must have the same tyre pressures I would have thought? Hope that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bunce said:

Hi, I've just looked in my 2012 Lunar Service book (I have a  2012 Lexon 420)  and it gives the 2012 Quasar 462 pressures as 58psi and the tyre size as 185 R14 C.

I'm guessing the Conquest is a dealer special from that year, but must have the same tyre pressures I would have thought? Hope that helps.

 

Our 2017 Solaris (Quasar) 462 (another dealer special) has the same 185 R14C tyres and the recommended pressure in the book  is only 52psi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bearing in mind that caravan manufacturers will often quote the max inflation pressure for the tyre, and it is not unknown for the same pressure to be quoted across a range of weights.

 

An industry advice web calculator can be found here https://www.tyresafe.org/check-your-pressures/caravan-pressure-calculator/

 

All you need to do is input the MTPLM and select the tyre size/ load index and you will get a reasonably accurate inflation pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, reluctant said:

Bearing in mind that caravan manufacturers will often quote the max inflation pressure for the tyre, and it is not unknown for the same pressure to be quoted across a range of weights.

 

An industry advice web calculator can be found here https://www.tyresafe.org/check-your-pressures/caravan-pressure-calculator/

 

All you need to do is input the MTPLM and select the tyre size/ load index and you will get a reasonably accurate inflation pressure.

 

+1, I have used that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dealer sent me this, it's in German but I'm sure you'll get the gist.

caravan tyres.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...