Sign in to follow this  
Antony1977

Is this too good to be true? Pre loaded sim 100gb for £27

Posted (edited)

Total beginner with these data sim things, I found this on eBay,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-3-PAYG-4G-Trio-Data-SIM-Pack-Preloaded-with-100GB-of-Data-Three-Sizes-/153213247341

as the old adage goes “if it’s too good to be true.......”

opinions please.

and recommendations on pre loaded data sims with LOTS of GB for mobile WiFi 

Edited by Antony1977
Ah looks like it needs to be used in one month 😂😂

Posted (edited)

Seems to say that it only lasts for 30 days then you top up for another package.

My 3 24gb data card is valid for 24 months.

Edited by springtime

Most people would find it hard to use 10Gb in 30 days let alone 100!

I use a 12Gb  data card online  from My Memory (not my memory but the company) it lasts 12 months or until the data is used, the current price is £27.99  

Something seems not quite right about this deal. 

If you go onto the Three website and type 100Gb into the search facility it comes up with nothing! I suspect it’s a typo and SHOULD read 10Gb (but I could be wrong of course)

Having said that the seller does have a huge amount of positive feedback so just maybe it’s a good deal.

It’s the bit about topping up after 30 days that rings alarm bells in my head.

There is also this deal

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lyca-O2-100GB-Data-Sim-Powered-by-O2-4G-for-Unlock-Tablets-Mobiles-Dongles/183344692096?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D4da81cdbdc204a7bb94cb5ed95175956%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D153213247341%26itm%3D183344692096&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

but you need to add £20 to the cost (it’s in the small print at the bottom)

Andy

We can and have easily used 20gb a week streaming TV on dark nights in when abroad. We binned all our contracts.

We have previously therefore chased such deals but nothing has compared to this offer which is way above and beyond anything currently available, as Andy has also said.

Typo or scam or actually a contract  - not sure

Ebay seller mmmm

Positive feedback  mmmm

Yes have checked and expires after 30 days then needs renewing.

We both have monthly EE 10GB Sims with unlimited calls and texts at £12 each and when we go away for a month at at time we usually come back with plenty data left but we don't use our devices for streaming.

100GB is a lot but dare say some kids would knock a hole in it.

I apologise for my naivity but can I ask how these data Sims are used.  Could I pop it in my phone when there is no WiFi and use it to get on line?

Posted (edited)

I thought 3 was doing a offer of 100gb for £20 a month a few months ago ?

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Posted (edited)

When abroad we watch telly over the internet and would not have to much of a problem using up 100GB but the cheap pay as you go SIM with lots of data like Lyca never allows tethering.

Edited by AndersG

If you are lucky enough to have a reasonable "Three" 4G signal at home I think this 24 month contract offer from Three is almost perfect for those of us who like to use a MiFi when on our travels. I am currently paying more/month for BT Broadband and having to pay for a landline.

My only concern is that there may be hidden costs that come up while you start using it or streaming issues. 

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Huawei/HomeFi?memory=0&colour=Black

33 minutes ago, rovinmad said:

I apologise for my naivity but can I ask how these data Sims are used.  Could I pop it in my phone when there is no WiFi and use it to get on line?

Yes is the simple answer BUT you will still need a mobile phone signal of course. We have a total of about 12Gb per month with two BT mobile phones and that does us whilst abroad, but we don’t use it to stream TV ‘cos that chews i up data very quickly! 

Andy

Data Sims can be used in phones to get on line but if you make a call you will likely be charged the full rate.

47 minutes ago, rovinmad said:

Like most others, the '3' SIMs advertised allow for Hotspot use.

Our tablets are WiFi only so when a WiFi signal is not available we just activate  the Hotspot feature on our phones and connect via our phones for internet use.

Works very well providing that our phones have a good signal.

I was going to change from EE to '3' but found that with 2 particular sites we stay at for a month at a time the '3' signal cannot be guaranteed whereas I know from experience that the EE signal is full on.

Just worth checking.

Posted (edited)

3 have at the moment, unlimited data, unlimited calls and unlimited texts for £20.00 per month, I have not looked into how much the tehering allowance is.

Edit: Here is the deal:

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones?id=1401&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1238727&ds_rl=1238715&gclid=Cj0KCQjw4-XlBRDuARIsAK96p3CoLZicz-S8aK4EV_pVz3g1sivhTruvMr1ALB8yqU3Yr9668CVBsCAaAiEUEALw_wcB&aidset=1

Edited by Sea&Sand

Like Sea & Sand said above ^^

I have this sim and had it before when it was £28 per month. Been on it for years.

I called three regarding overseas allowances.

EU download limits are 30GB per month when in the EU. It's unlimited for uploading, posting videos, photos etc.

I get 4G at my house and hit speeds of around 60mb/s sometime. Actual download speed of around 5MB/s.

Literally 10 times faster than my house internet and doesn't cost any more than £20 per month as standard.

By the way, the 30GB limit doesn't apply to the UK. That is totally unlimited and doesn't get throttled under fair use or anything like that. It's never happened to me anyway and I download/upload 100's of GBs per month to cloud storage.

2 hours ago, Les Medes said:

I use a 12Gb  data card online  from My Memory (not my memory but the company) it lasts 12 months or until the data is used, the current price is £27.99  

Me also.last one kept going for 11 months.

Geoff

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

Me also.last one kept going for 11 months.

Geoff

10% off today as well!

Code to use is EGG10

Edited by PR1
Extra content

2 hours ago, rovinmad said:
29 minutes ago, PR1 said:

10% off today as well!

Code to use is EGG10

Just bought one £27.75 for 12 gigs valid for 12 months use from date of activation 👍

Just now, ancell said:

Just bought one £27.75 for 12 gigs valid for 12 months use from date of activation 👍

Bother did not use theEGG10 code !

Posted (edited)

I am due for a upgrade as 3 mifi contract (18 months ) has just ended and might look at the unlimited at £22 a month .

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Huawei/E5573bs-322_4G_Mobile_Wi-Fi?memory=0&colour=White

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

My Memory just announced Easter deal of 10% of everything till Monday. Code is Egg10

Geoff

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

I am due for a upgrade as 3 mifi contract (18 months ) has just ended and might look at the unlimited at £22 a month .

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Devices/Huawei/E5573bs-322_4G_Mobile_Wi-Fi?memory=0&colour=White

Dave

3 minutes ago, Sea&Sand said:

I was in the 3 store a few days ago, 20gb data sim = £9.00 per month,

And the Huawei (on 3) can be purchased for £35.00 in Curry's.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/phones-broadband-and-sat-nav/broadband/mobile-broadband/three-e5573bs-322-pay-monthly-4g-mobile-wifi-10168105-pdt.html

Edited by Sea&Sand

Posted (edited)

Sorry I  haven't logged on much this week as I’m off with the kids! 

What is the biggest GB sim that expires after 6 months or so, our caravan season is april to sept so don’t really want to take out a contract for the months we don’t use it. 

Can this sim be put in a mobile WiFi device? What is a good unlocked mobile WiFi device to buy?

we are usually off grid at festivals or on site that have limited WiFi , so a decent size GB would be handy

would this work in a mobile WiFi device

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-24gb-trio-mbb-payg-sim-pack.html

Edited by Antony1977
Missed

I just renewed my Mifi 5573 4g with 3 for another 2 years for Unlimited data for £22 a month and 19 gb in EU and 12 in non EU countries .

That means I can also get another data sim from another supplier to cover areas if coverage is poor .

Dave