Sign in to follow this  
bollemann

ACE Pioneer Data / wheel info needed

Hello! I'll write you the 2nd time about your homepages today. I am urgently looking for the datasheet for my Abi Pioneer Caravan. Unfortunately, I know neither the year nor what wheels the caravan must have. Please help me and send me the right information. Thank you so much. Greetings from Germany. René Michael
Nummer Reg: 87AB315874 /ACE Pioneer ; 900kg/700kg; ...

That chassis number is from the pre-VIN series from the 1980's - which would fit with the gross/unladen weights - having had a 1983 Ace Pioneer, the wheels may have been 4-stud 13" x 4.5J with 165/80 R13 tyres - but I can't be sure

Do you mean wheels or tyres (Reifen)?

18 hours ago, bollemann said:

Nummer Reg: 87AB315874 /ACE Pioneer ; 900kg/700kg; ...

If the chassis number used is the same format as the early Avondale caravans then that would imply that yours is a 1987 model. Our 1988 Avondale was 88AV652999.

Gordon

Tahnks at all ;)

Hey, thanks for your info. I am currently driving 155R13C 8P.R. But I have no idea what that means. Unfortunately, there are no indications on the rims. I am urgently looking for all possible data for the caravan. since I want to register him in Germany. I was surprised that in England you do not need papers for traffic. Greetings to all and Happy Easter;)

Something like this https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&cart_id=UNiPEiouWjaJ8jEp.110.166969983&sowigan=So&Breite=155&Quer=80&Felge=13&Speed=&Load=&kategorie=6&Marke=&S_Z=&Transport=T&tyre_for=&x_tyre_for=&m_s=3&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL&filter_preis_bis=&filter_preis_von=&homologation=&Label=E-B-70-2&details=Ordern&typ=R-389663

"155" is the tyre width in mm - "/80" is the percentage profile as 80 is assumed when omitted - "13" is the rim diameter in inches - "C" indicates commercial rating - "91" indicates a Load Rating code 91 which is 615 kg per tyre and makes the "C" redundant - "/89" is a load rating used when twin rear wheels are fitted to vans - "N" is Speed Rating for 87mph (140 km/h)

Hi Guys! To my previous post another question. For the registration here in Germany, I need more data of my caravan. Height, length, and so on. Could you possibly help me with this data? The nameplate, I have already posted you. Best regards on the beautiful island;)

"Nummer Reg: 87AB315874 /ACE Pioneer ; 900kg/700kg; ..."

37 minutes ago, bollemann said:

Hi Guys! To my previous post another question. For the registration here in Germany, I need more data of my caravan. Height, length, and so on. Could you possibly help me with this data? The nameplate, I have already posted you. Best regards on the beautiful island;)

"Nummer Reg: 87AB315874 /ACE Pioneer ; 900kg/700kg; ..."

Height, length etc. are far more reliably obtained with a tape measure than any data table. 

• Like 1

;) ... da hast du Recht. Aber die Herren vom TÜV (M-O-T-) möchten gern ein Datenblatt. Auch wegen der Achse und der Elektrik. Aber Danke ;)

;) ... you're right. But the gentlemen of the TÜV (M-O-T-) would like a data sheet. Also because of the axis and the electrical system. But thanks ;)

8 minutes ago, bollemann said:

;) ... you're right. But the gentlemen of the TÜV (M-O-T-) would like a data sheet. Also because of the axis and the electrical system. But thanks ;)

A data sheet for a 1980s Ace caravan! Now there's a tall order!

Best of luck!

Swift Group acquired Ace caravans in 2001.  If there are any records of older Aces then Swift might have it.  https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/   Asking them - including the VIN - might get something ?

I'd guess that will be pretty unlikely though.

Hello! Say, when I bought the caravan in the UK, did not give any vehicle papers with the seller. Do you not need any in the UK? Unfortunately ABI (swift) could not provide any information about my 1988 ABI Pioneer. Do you still have some (possible) data?
Greetings René

24 minutes ago, bollemann said:

Hello! Say, when I bought the caravan in the UK, did not give any vehicle papers with the seller. Do you not need any in the UK? Unfortunately ABI (swift) could not provide any information about my 1988 ABI Pioneer. Do you still have some (possible) data?
Greetings René

Trailers, including caravans, don't require to be registered in the UK so no vehicle papers get created here

5 hours ago, bollemann said:

Greetings René

The wheels will be marked with manufacturer's name and wheel dimensions for example  4½J x 13 ET 30.

There is a website with data for old caravans I'll see if I can find it.

Hello and good morning! Thank you for your information.
I hope you can find this table and send me a link. Greetings from the middle of Germany;)