Sign in to follow this  
PaulR

Braemar Caravan Park

Hi All,

Has anyone used the Braemar Caravan Park lately, and used 3 mobile (I need signal when on holiday) ?

Thanks all.

Just phone the site and ask the site staff. They are very helpful.  

41 minutes ago, PaulR said:

Hi All,

Has anyone used the Braemar Caravan Park lately, and used 3 mobile (I need signal when on holiday) ?

Thanks all.

I drove past there yesterday on route to Inverness from Edinburgh on the ‘Snow Road’ very nice drive it was too, can’t say those roads would be ideal for my caravan but luckily we were driving solo. I had excellent phone and data coverage all the way, my German phone defaults onto the Vodafone UK network though so not sure how others compare.

Thanks Guys, I tow from the south so happy with the tow, mush better after the roads were improved several years ago.

How do you intend to get there ? Via Blairgowrie or the new Aberdeen by-pass ?

If Blairgowrie, hope you have plenty horse power.!!

Hi blondchaser, yes Blairgowerie and the Spittal of Glenshee love the ride over the roads are much better then years ago the bend around the Spittle was a real car killer!  The LR will not have a problem.😁

1 minute ago, PaulR said:

Hi blondchaser, yes Blairgowerie and the Spittal of Glenshee love the ride over the roads are much better then years ago the bend around the Spittle was a real car killer!  The LR will not have a problem.😁

That climb should be easy for modern cars - out of ski season anyway!

Must admit we have more than once followed the snow over the top to get out. It was a regular destination  for February school week when my son was young. As I said earlier for those who remember the original road  over the top it was a real killer for many cars. Now i'm showing my age! The guy from the garage in the village had a regular job rescuing cars getting stuck!

AFAIK the Devil's Elbow and the bend at Spittal of Glenshee were straightened in the '60s - when cars had much less power/torque than modern ones.

If memory serves?? There was a very steep hill on a newish piece of road just before the old elbow.