Sign in to follow this  
Steve W77

French Emissions sticker

I have had my windscreen replaced, so I need a new sticker.

Problem is I can't remember how to down size the PDF file of my log book

any suggestions would be very welcome.

Posted (edited)

Scan it again at low resolution, that’s what I did and Mr Frenchman was was happy with the result.

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago - fortunately I have a computer literate grandson 😀😀

Tip perhaps ?

Re-fit new one into a Motorcycle metal type tax disc holder so you can remove from glovebox and slide it into place on Offside (drivers side) when in France and remove when not so it doesnt obscure your field of vision when elsewhere or back in UK (potential MOT issues).

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, montesa said:

Tip perhaps ?

Re-fit new one into a Motorcycle metal type tax disc holder so you can remove from glovebox and slide it into place on Offside (drivers side) when in France and remove when not so it doesnt obscure your field of vision when elsewhere or back in UK (potential MOT issues).

The French regulations clearly state that any Crit air sticker MUST be directly affixed to the windscreen. The fine for not doing so, as you have suggested,  and driving into a zone when it’s required is, I believe, identical to the fine for not actually having one at all. i. e. a lot! 

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

17 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Scan it again at low resolution, that’s what I did and Mr Frenchman was was happy with the result.

Andy

I have tried that , but still rejected as to large.

Don't know what to do next.

I reduced mine to 70%  and attached to the application form, I have used that size four times, all successful

This may help.

https://www.wikihow.com/Reduce-PDF-File-Size

2 hours ago, Les Medes said:

I reduced mine to 70%  and attached to the application form, I have used that size four times, all successful

Yes but how do you reduce it to 70% I'm not into computers.

1 hour ago, Steve W77 said:

Yes but how do you reduce it to 70% I'm not into computers.

What I do,  I scan the V5 to Computer and then hit Print, in Print there will be several tabs, the one that is labelled "Scale" probably says 100 %,  use cursor and reduce to 70% and Print, I then copy and save to computer and when you are ready you can attach the reduced scale V5 to the Application Form.

It seems long winded and like you I am not tickety boo with computers, but this works for me and when I next need to apply for a Crit-Air sticker this is the format that will use, i am sure someone will be along and show you an easier way to do it  

4 hours ago, Steve W77 said:

I have tried that , but still rejected as to large.

Don't know what to do next.

Email it to Ivan Leslie & ask him nicely to ask his grandson to do it.............:ph34r:

Alternatively - can't you reduce the print size in your print menu? 

Just lower the % on the size option until it prints the size you want 

1 hour ago, Woodie106 said:

Email it to Ivan Leslie & ask him nicely to ask his grandson to do it.............:ph34r:

Alternatively - can't you reduce the print size in your print menu? 

Just lower the % on the size option until it prints the size you want 

Its not the PHYSICAL size that’s the issue here, it’s the size of the image in Mb’s.

If you scan the V5 at a lower resolution then the file size WILL be smaller because there is less information in it. If it’s been rejected again you need to go to a lower resolution still. 

Remember it’s ONLY the page which shows the vehicles emissions they want (page 2) they are not interested in anything else. 

Andy

Just out of interest I looked round the hospital car park in Limoges last week & only saw 5 cars with crit air stickers on. & mine was not one of them.

50 minutes ago, MGBGTV8 said:

Just out of interest I looked round the hospital car park in Limoges last week & only saw 5 cars with crit air stickers on. & mine was not one of them.

That is because the Limoges has not adopted LEZ yet

10 hours ago, oldboy said:

That is because the Limoges has not adopted LEZ yet

It is not necessary town/cities that are enforcing Crit-Air, if you look on their map you will see that whole departments have declared that they are adopting Crit-Air, it may not be legal YET, but belt and braces say get the sticker.

When I was told about it I said i had no intention of driving in Paris,Bordeaux,Toulouse and other major towns and cities, and I was told "just look at the Crit-Air Map"  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this will help the OP but I have so far applied for 4 stickers and used a Windows app called Paint (not Paint 3D) to resize a .jpg image to make it acceptably small. I believe a .jpg image is acceptable rather than a .pdf. AFAIK, Paint is available in the Windows store for free. Fom the 'home' menu, second block from left, is a resize option. Try resizing at 50%, keeping the aspect ratio and check the file size. Good luck.

Edited by hawkaye
accuracy

At last I finally got the Log book accepted, just remains to see what happens.

Thanks to all that replied to my cry for help.