Sign in to follow this  
ianfish

Setthorns, New Forest

Stayed here in March this year. It's part of the Camping in the Forest group (administered by the C & cc) Hidden from the road alongside Longslade green , just outside Sway. All the pitches are amongst woodland with no real division between them, just some of the aforementioned woodland! It is a great site if you like that sort of thing. No facilities apart from Hookups, water and disposal for toilets and er ........that's it!  No lights at night either which I know will put some off (bring a torch!) A wonderful site for walking, just step out of the door and off you go.  Ponies and wild deer just roam through the site to add to the enjoyment!

We love the new forest sites. They are basic ( Setthorns being the most basic)but that’s what appeals to us. We always go ‘off grid’ so can pitch wherever we want and enjoying nature in the peace and quiet is all the entertainment we need. Saying that I do think they can be expensive considering what you get for the fee and maintenance doesn’t always seem to be a high priority.

• Like 1

Brilliant site, I needed to clear my head when I was made redundant some years ago, it did the trick, would definitley use again

• Like 2

We have stayed on this site many times with many different caravans and now campervan. On our last visit we had deer about 20 ft away from our door.Previous visits and we have had a pony poke its head into the awning Many walks around in both woods and open land.The Station Cafe towards Burley does a very nice line in cakes and the Rising Sun witch is within easy walking distance does good meals

Fantastic site- for us anyway. We have been quite a few times for long stays and love it. Great cycling, walking, and sight seeing. The pub in Sway (we have only been to one) was great. Lymington stunning as is Lyndhurst. Highly recommended but only for those who can do without on site errr........anything! Except EHU.