Sign in to follow this  
Dobloseven

Machine Mart IG2200 generator

Anybody got any experience of these?We won't be usingit for caravanning as such, but as a temporary power source for working on a static caravan installation powering power tools etc. Had a look at one and it's bigger than I thought and a little weighty at 26kg.Seems to get good reviews apart from the size and weight,but it is a 2kw output.I think an inverter suitcase type would be more suitable thanthe cheaper open frame type. The saga of the static van and my cousins fire is on the static forum and hopefully if mains power is reinstated ASAP it won't be needed, but they're in stock so I can pick one up at short notice if needed. The regular price is about 470 pounds but they've a couple of returned ones with 6 months warranty for 350 which is probably what I'd go for as hopefully it won't be needed for long and if I don't feel a need to keep it, I'll sell it on. 

Edited by Dobloseven
Missed text

I haven't used one but the reviews are excellent on the Machine Mart website. I have got loads of Clarke equipment from MiG welders to hand tools and it has all been very good quality and the reviews have been accurate.  64 reviews currently with 5 stars on their website so that seems good.

If you don't mind waiting  and sign up for their mailing list then Machine Mart very frequently have VAT-free sales and you could pick up a brand new one for £388.

Hopefully we won't need one, but thinking ahead, I don't want the job to stop because of lack of elecricity and want to be able to pick one up at short notice. Must say I was a bit surprised how big they are. 

13 hours ago, benshepherd said:

64 reviews currently with 5 stars on their website so that seems good.

Which published an article the other day about fake reviews on Amazon. I wonder if that practice is prevalent on other selling web sites.

If you look at the Amazon  reviews for the IG2200 generator you get a very different picture. It's difficult to know if you can trust any reviews these days.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarke-IG2200-Inverter-Generator-campervan/dp/B004R70K3E

Edited by Nilrem

1 hour ago, Nilrem said:

Which published an article the other day about fake reviews on Amazon. I wonder if that practice is prevalent on other selling web sites.

If you look at the Amazon  reviews for the IG2200 generator you get a very different picture. It's difficult to know if you can trust any reviews these days.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarke-IG2200-Inverter-Generator-campervan/dp/B004R70K3E

I wonder if caravan site reviews can be trusted?