Sign in to follow this  
Red84

What are my options.........

Your biggest issue is that you have left it far too long before making a claim.  Have you any proof in writing that you contacted the dealership regarding the issue within the 6 months of date of delivery.  The dealer is not obliged to do repairs on site so there is no argument there.  Has the caravan had its annual  service since you took delivery?  You have a choice of about 60 days either side of the 5th March.

The finance company are the owner of the caravan and under CRA 2015 it is their responsibility to get the caravan sorted out as your contract is with the finance company as you have bought the caravan from them.  Have you notified the finance company in writing about the issues and when was this done?

Two of us on this thread  have been through the mill regarding rejection a caravan and can help, but we need more information on the caravan. 

12 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

That looks like a standard ball has been used for towing as under certain articulation conditions those side pieces will foul the towball due to inadequate clearance. Your dealer really hasn’t shown any care and has no idea of customer service.

Agree looks like a towball has been used that is not an Alko towball with the 68+ mm clearance for the hitch to swivel .

Dave

We have every thing recorded and printed from emails sent with times and dates as well as all the pictures again times and dated. It came with the self levelling legs that wasn’t an option not to have. And we didnt find the issues and not report them, as we found issues we reported it straight away. And it’s not like we haven’t done anything, we have spoken to many people regarding this for advice and as a solicitor pointed out to us. “Due to the fact the caravan is on finance, technically we don’t actually own it therefore if we can’t get the issues resolved then we can just take it up with the finance company “ which we have done and we are just waiting for them to get back to us. I can’t say that they too are ignoring us because they have got in contact  this morning and are sending someone over to inspect the issues and then they  said they will get it resolved. So fingers crossed this nightmare mite actually be over 🤔🤔

• Like 1

You need to visit the dealers in Person and keep up pressure on the finance company. Black Horse sorted issues for me on Terrano i bought new that leaked. It was the only i got action and to be fair once i quoted to Black Horse it was not fit for purpose things happened very quickly.

17 hours ago, Red84 said:

We have every thing recorded and printed from emails sent with times and dates as well as all the pictures again times and dated. It came with the self levelling legs that wasn’t an option not to have. And we didnt find the issues and not report them, as we found issues we reported it straight away. And it’s not like we haven’t done anything, we have spoken to many people regarding this for advice and as a solicitor pointed out to us. “Due to the fact the caravan is on finance, technically we don’t actually own it therefore if we can’t get the issues resolved then we can just take it up with the finance company “ which we have done and we are just waiting for them to get back to us. I can’t say that they too are ignoring us because they have got in contact  this morning and are sending someone over to inspect the issues and then they  said they will get it resolved. So fingers crossed this nightmare mite actually be over 🤔🤔

I hate to point this out to you but their technician will find in favour of the finance house.  You would be better off paying an independent to do an inspection and compile a report.  We used a MCEA technician appointed by the Caravan Club and they could not argue against that and folded straight away.

Small claims court I am sorry to say but it will take time to list every fault and why it was not spotted at delivery 

James 

On 18/04/2019 at 15:28, Jcf1966 said:

Small claims court I am sorry to say but it will take time to list every fault and why it was not spotted at delivery 

James 

No need for small claims.  We never used small claims and neither did others who have rejected their caravans. If a company ignores the CRA 2015 without a genuine valid reason it is a criminal and not civil offence as CRA is legislation passed by parliament. 

Posted (edited)
On 17/04/2019 at 10:20, Durbanite said:

I hate to point this out to you but their technician will find in favour of the finance house.  You would be better off paying an independent to do an inspection and compile a report.  We used a MCEA technician appointed by the Caravan Club and they could not argue against that and folded straight away.

not true - they appoint an independent engineer.  We had this when we rejected our Elddis..

Edited by thecookster

On 16/04/2019 at 10:21, Durbanite said:

Your biggest issue is that you have left it far too long before making a claim.  Have you any proof in writing that you contacted the dealership regarding the issue within the 6 months of date of delivery.  The dealer is not obliged to do repairs on site so there is no argument there.  Has the caravan had its annual  service since you took delivery?  You have a choice of about 60 days either side of the 5th March.

The finance company are the owner of the caravan and under CRA 2015 it is their responsibility to get the caravan sorted out as your contract is with the finance company as you have bought the caravan from them.  Have you notified the finance company in writing about the issues and when was this done?

Two of us on this thread  have been through the mill regarding rejection a caravan and can help, but we need more information on the caravan. 

i'm just starting down this road with the Commodore I collected on 10th April.  Lots of issues, one serious (the washroom panels are distorted and 13 minor issues.  I've written to the dealer and I'm talking to them today.  I hope I don't have to reject the caravan, but I will move fast to do so if the dealer doesn't play ball.

Sign in to follow this