Sign in to follow this  
Pebble

Tap microswitch.

Posted (edited)

Never had a 'van with microswitches on the taps. Our new 'van has microswitch taps AND a Whale adjustable pressure switch but I thought that you either had one or the other.

Just curious as to why we have both. Any explanation? :unsure:

Edited by Pebble

Have you asked the dealer who you bought it off this year?

Hi @Pebble,

Usually it is either one or the other, depends on the layout of the system.

Thanks, 
Rachel

The caravan is an Adria Adora Thames 2019 so is very very new so I wonder if Pebble maybe mistaking the pressure switch so ask the dealer or post a photo here for people to see.

On 15/04/2019 at 07:36, Pebble said:

Never had a 'van with microswitches on the taps. Our new 'van has microswitch taps AND a Whale adjustable pressure switch but I thought that you either had one or the other.

I've never seen a system with both and I've been trying to think of a situation where this may be necessary. Maybe some appliance requires a maintained water supply pressure - but what? Maybe it is to make the taps deliver water instantly at full pressure when first turned on. Presumably the tap microswitches would mean the pump would start immediately a tap is operated rather than waiting for the pressure to drop slightly and trigger the pressure switch, and the pump would continue to run until full pressure was restored once the tap was turned off again. 

Alternatively, could the pressure switch operate in reverse to trigger a relief valve so preventing the system from becoming over pressurised (through temperature or air pressure changes) when the taps are off?

Okay, I know I'm guessing, so maybe Rachel or Aoiffe from Whale  can offer a better explanation?

Confusion sorted :)

Seems that Adria fit micoswitch taps and a Whale pressure switch but don't connect the wires on the taps - they're just hanging loose under the taps :blush:.

Methinks the taps will need to be changed for something to our liking as the flow rate from either the kitchen or bathroom taps is just 3lt/min and that's with a Whale pump capable of delivering much more. Also need to look for any restrictions in the plumbing and then the taps ;).

• Like 1