Jump to content
robhar

Alde Heating not working after night mode ends

Recommended Posts

Thats 4 of us with this issue now.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds as though this must be down to some change in the Alde system for 2018 onwards.

We have had Alde in our 2013, 2015 and current 2017 vans, all running on night mode at 15* from 10.00pm until 7.30 am, and all then returning to default made and running until the normal 21* reached, without any break or smoothing period.

At the moment, I’m glad my wife didn’t like the soft furnishings in the 2019 model which stopped us changing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it’s 2018 onwards, or if you are unlucky enough to need a new control panel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bobsandy said:

Yes, it’s 2018 onwards, or if you are unlucky enough to need a new control panel!

Our control panel has been changed twice so definitely not an issue there.  As this is an inherent fault it should be covered by CRA 2015 for 6 years in England.  I am not sure how the manufacturer's warranty between the dealer and manufacturer would apply and if they would help the dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

Our control panel has been changed twice so definitely not an issue there.  As this is an inherent fault it should be covered by CRA 2015 for 6 years in England.  I am not sure how the manufacturer's warranty between the dealer and manufacturer would apply and if they would help the dealer.

I'm intrigued to know which Section in the CRA 2015 specifically provides 6 years cover.

Do you mean the 6 year limit in England & Wales, 5 years in Scotland, to take out an action to recover costs and/or compensation (3 yrs. for personal injury) as set by the Limitation Act 1980?

Edited by Legal Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

I'm intrigued to know which Section in the CRA 2015 specifically provides 6 years cover.

Do you mean the 6 year limit in England & Wales, 5 years in Scotland, to take out an action to recover costs and/or compensation (3 yrs. for personal injury) as set by the Limitation Act 1980?

I am sure that you are more than quite capable of reading up and understanding the Limitations Act, but if you want to be pedantic, be my guest?  :D

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

I am sure that you are more than quite capable of reading up and understanding the Limitations Act, but if you want to be pedantic, be my guest?  :D

I'm not being pedantic at all and have covered this point before. You made an incorrect and misleading statement which could very easily cause many to misguidedly believe that the CRA 2015 gives 6 years statutory cover which it does not. That could prove to be very embarrassing, if not costly, for someone trying to resolve an issue. 👨‍⚖😉

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legal Eagle said:

I'm not being pedantic at all and have covered this point before. You made an incorrect and misleading statement which could very easily cause many to misguidedly believe that the CRA 2015 gives 6 years statutory cover which it does not. That could prove to be very embarrassing, if not costly, for someone trying to resolve an issue. 👨‍⚖😉

They should be using advice from a legal beagle and not from a forum anyway, but you are correct as I put it across incorrectly however doesn't the Limitations Act work in tandem with CRA 2015 anyway? 

 

However in this case I would think that CRA 2015 may still apply as per section 22(7) & (8) as the fault has been there since day one and effectively the 30 day waiting period may be still in force as the consumer has given the trader more than reasonable time to repair the item as per S 23 (6) &(7).  S24 of the CRA 2015 could also apply as only the ALDE system is being rejected so a partial rejection accepting a price reduction?

 

I am not disputing anything you are stating, but would appreciate your valued input on the above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why can't we see what Alde come back with, people are so quick to bring up consumer rights,😫 when this issue has just been brought to their attention, after all, Alde are one of the better companies to get customers sorted. Staring to throw what should and should not happen, may and could, switch off a brilliant and co operative company. 🤐

I am affected by this issue and happy to see what Alde intend to do, once they have carried out their tests, and fed back, and do nothing, then its time to start shouting

Edited by kiaboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kiaboy said:

Why can't we see what Alde come back with, people are so quick to bring up consumer rights,😫 when this issue has just been brought to their attention, after all, Alde are one of the better companies to get customers sorted. Staring to throw what should and should not happen, may and could, switch off a brilliant and co operative company. 🤐

I am affected by this issue and happy to see what Alde intend to do, once they have carried out their tests, and fed back, and do nothing, then its time to start shouting

Hear, Hear. I couldn't agree more. The legal, "I know my rights", route should always be the very last resort after all avenues of amicable resolution have been exhausted.

24 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

They should be using advice from a legal beagle and not from a forum anyway, but you are correct as I put it across incorrectly however doesn't the Limitations Act work in tandem with CRA 2015 anyway? 

 

However in this case I would think that CRA 2015 may still apply as per section 22(7) & (8) as the fault has been there since day one and effectively the 30 day waiting period may be still in force as the consumer has given the trader more than reasonable time to repair the item as per S 23 (6) &(7).  S24 of the CRA 2015 could also apply as only the ALDE system is being rejected so a partial rejection accepting a price reduction?

 

I am not disputing anything you are stating, but would appreciate your valued input on the above.

I don't intend hijacking the thread for a discussion in law.

I concur with Kiaboy. It's far too early to even contemplate any legal redress and may only serve to muddy what could turn out to be very clear and calm waters! 😎😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

I concur with Kiaboy. It's far too early to even contemplate any legal redress and may only serve to muddy what could turn out to be very clear and calm waters! 😎😉

True but the issue has been rumbling on for over a year with no resolution which is why ALDE cannot respond as they do not have an answer for dealers.

At no time did I suggest using CRA 2015 for any reason as I just mentioned the Act.

Edited by Durbanite
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let you know I’ve just sent some more data about this issue to Alde so they can pass it on to Alde Sweden. I agree, a very good company to deal with. Always very helpful and interested if you do have a problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I am new to this conversation but have the same problem.  My previous caravan (2013 model) had Alde heating and I had no issues.  I have a Swift Elegance 2019 and the temperature on the night/day mode does not trip in.  I will test the 30 minutes time lap, to see if it changes.  I emailed Alde yesterday (9 June) asking for help.  So glad I found this conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...