Sign in to follow this  
logiesean64

Alde compact 3000 heating

Don't laugh , how do I turn on the heating ,and are there any pre checks to do . 

This what's in the van 

Can you tell I'm a newbie 😁😊

20190414_094121-600x800.jpg

20190414_094115-600x800.jpg

20190414_094101-600x800.jpg

Edited by logiesean64

Just guessing, but assuming your on mains hookup, first set either 1 or 2 kw switches to on (or both on for 3kw is your hookup can handle it)

then set the hot water / heat switch to heat side, finally set your timer and temperature. 

If only on gas, turn the 1&2kw switches off and turn on the gas switch 

7 hours ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

Just guessing, but assuming your on mains hookup, first set either 1 or 2 kw switches to on (or both on for 3kw is your hookup can handle it)

then set the hot water / heat switch to heat side, finally set your timer and temperature. 

If only on gas, turn the 1&2kw switches off and turn on the gas switch 

Much appreciated thanks . 

Anyone know how to factory reset the danfoss tp5 thermostat. And what does the symbol in the top right corner mean 

IMG_20190505_102220.jpg

Edited by logiesean64

I'm confused , last weekend I had heating and hot water now I have ziltch  , tried gas and electric  together, the gas floom outside blows cold air but not heating the radiators ,how do I know if the gas pilot/burner has fired up . I've reset the thermostat to factory settings to see if I've screwed things up when I was dabbling about trying to get the heating to work(I'm finding the thermostat very confusing ) , I've located all the bleedscrews on the radiators and the towel rail in the bathroom, .  The radiators from the boiler to the towel rail were warm last weekend when the heating was working , the radiator left of the boiler was only warm halfway along its length and  from the other half and next radiator to the tank/pump was cold .

I've opened the bleedscrew closest to the boiler first and there was air bubbling out then it cleared ,next one I opened was on the radiator to the left of the boiler ,it also had air and so on and so on  , the only bleedscrew I didn't get any air or fluid was the towel rail.  If I've made any sense up to this point , can anyone point me in the right direction.  I know I have air in the system,  just need some pointers where to start to get the air out . 

With the air problem and no heating I don't understand why I have no hot water which i had last weekend, again .... does anyone have any suggestions.  

Apologies for the long winded post .

Sean 

Presumably you top up the header tank each time you bleed some air out ?

5 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

Presumably you top up the header tank each time you bleed some air out ?

Yes I have, but I've run out now until I get some. 

Heating only came on for 5 min, no hot water this weekend. Checked all fuses all are fine, does this mean my heat element is goosed or is it something else... Pcb maybe? In this picture of the heating and water control switch I noticed that the small light to the bottom right of the switch wasnt on also 🤔20190414_094101-600x800.thumb.jpg.e00107c12913a19f17df22b8b47eb85f.jpg

Hello. It may not be one thing on a system of this age.

The circulation pump may be wearing out, the Danfoss TP5 room thermostat that switches it on may also be unreliably sensing the temperature. If so, it could trip out the overheat protection on the boiler, shutting everything down, until the reset button is depressed.

If the mechanical switches have failed then behaviour will be erratic.

It might be an idea to book in with us at Alde UK. Our service bay can inspect the system and quote on repair. When booking in, we'll ask the make, model and year of manufacture of your caravan, and for a mobile phone number to use on the day of the booking, and a brief description of the fault.

https://www.alde.co.uk/contactus.php

Edited by Alde UK
Link