Sign in to follow this  
montesa

Coat Hanging rail for Shower - aftermarket

We were wanting an aftermarket hanging rail to go into our shower cubicle as seen in many new vans Buccaneer etc

Dealer told me do not start to screw one into the ceiling as you may not have or be able to find the bracing struts and ceiling alone is not strong enough. New vans fitted with them will have had struts fitted to screw the rail into for fixing.

So we ended up with a spring load & screw adjustable white curtain rod, available in many sizes and from many sources but this one suited our shower

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00429VVY4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Minor mod to the ends so it slots into the shower door rail. Will need removing for showering in our van and with our chosen position.

Will be fine with lighter items or perhaps a single coat for drying in shower etc.

Posted (edited)

I fitted a hanging rail in my van.   Bought two supports from Ebay then used a piece of oval tube found in the garage.   It was a bit scruffy so I covered it with a length of heat shrink.

65909110_Showerrail.thumb.JPG.01bf9bcffb2f5cc0d6af82588fa04c4f.JPG

Edited by Jaydug