Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

Does the CMC give us secret names?

I've just had an email from the CMC addressed to "Mr Moodie" (not me) … followed soon after by another one, correctly addressed, apologising for the mistake.

But it made me wonder - do they insert a 'joke' name based on their impression of their members when they draft the letters, but in this case forgot to remove it when the email went live ?

And will the next one be circulated to "Mr Grumpy" ? :D

John

PS apologies to any Mr Moodie (or Mr Grumpy) who is a member of this forum :lol:.

image.png.e68e7d00c1813d3decb39fccc081314a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seek assurance from them that the original letter to you did not go to Mr Moody (or anybody else) by mistake. They should already have self-referred under GDPR for sending you Mr Moody's correspondence, as they are obviously aware of the mistake.

Cheers

Keith

I have to send a monthly email to multiple email recipients. Before I send it it is sent to 2 spoof emails., which I receive.this is to check it’s formatted correctly 

so nothing to worry about 

I had a general apology from them today, Apparently a number of test emails went out to mr moodie by mistake.  I did not get the test, just the apology.  

Perhaps I could forward the apology to John :D.

John

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JCloughie said:

I had a general apology from them today, Apparently a number of test emails went out to mr moodie by mistake.  I did not get the test, just the apology.  

John

Had the text and the apology, both went in the delete bin!

2 hours ago, JCloughie said:

No, it's okay John, honestly :) .

3 hours ago, rslsys said:

Seek assurance from them that the original letter to you did not go to Mr Moody (or anybody else) by mistake. They should already have self-referred under GDPR for sending you Mr Moody's correspondence, as they are obviously aware of the mistake.

Apologies for not fully explaining, Keith, but the second email told me that the first one had been sent to a number of members, not just me.

John

Received both emails.

15 hours ago, rslsys said:

Cheers

Keith

Keith get it right.  It was not Mr Moody, it was Mr Moodie.  They were trying to PC with the name depending on which side of the bed you got out!  :D

On 12/04/2019 at 11:09, Durbanite said:

Keith get it right.  It was not Mr Moody, it was Mr Moodie.  

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Cheers

Keith