Caravan child/dog door guard

Hello looking for a recommendation for a dog/child door guard for my lunar clubman as its only got a full door and not a stable door.

Many thanks

Gary

On 09/04/2019 at 20:49, Happy Jack said:

I made one like these as same problem on my MH and dog with no barn door .

I used Wickes 12x44 wood and some small bolts and nylok nuts . Took about half hour to make .

Dave

Got some bloke up north to make mine, cost about 25k 😂

I just pulled the door screen across, dogs just saw it as a barrier and never went near it . I do prefer the stable door though. I have seen some folk use the wooden garden lattice .

What about the usual child safety gates.  I thought they can alter the width of any opening?  I have a cat, and to stop him going out (stable gate no good to him as he could jump out:D), I use the door flyscreen.  But sometimes, being a mainecoon, he has rather big claws, which he could shred the flyscreen with one swipe.  So I just put his harness on and peg it outside on a longer extension.  No problem.

Whatever you use it must be easily to remove (by an adult?) in the event of a quick exit being required. A child gate that wedges across the aperture may not be ideal. To my mind, the most simple solution would be to keep the door shut and open a window if ventilation is needed. We owned numerous caravans over the years but the only one with a single piece door was the last one - and I didn't like it one bit. However our motorhomes have both had single piece doors and it has never proved to be a problem - but then we've never had pets or young children to restrain in them.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I've installed a wooden baby gate. It's a modified version of THIS.

P1050680.JPG.9904444bca461510bdc4df6b66f26e38.JPGP1050681.JPG.fad61220ac40ce6d474fdc8ba7fbee6b.JPGP1050683.JPG.22265c4e62f2c71c696c6082f5b99b1f.JPG

P1050685.JPG.da63c51e8dcd2b38db3b80d8750492a6.JPG

I reduced the width to suit the 'van door, re-positioned the latch and use Velcro pads to secure it in the open position.

I don't have to use it now. If I tell this:-

P1050686.JPG.c78b4f27762a03b2f33293d2d94cec59.JPG

to stay in her basket, she's as good as gold:)