Sign in to follow this  
Paul90125

ATC - am I too late for a 2019 model??

So - i’ve narrowed down my choice of caravan - a Lunar Qasar 462 or an Xplore 422. Both come with ATC as a factory fit add-on option. However, if I ordered now, would it still be possible to get a 2019 caravan “made”? Or would I need to go into a 2020 model. This is, obviously, a crucial issue as my wife doesn’t know whether she will like the 2020 fabrics! Thanks, Paul.

• Confused 1

ATC does not need to be on the van when you buy it since it can be retrofitted.

Most caravan manufacturer don't start building the following year model until September.

I have had it fitted by the local dealer. Did it at the same cost as factory order.

there may be 2019 models around, why not ask a dealer?

macafee2

• Like 1

Evening

We don't know where you live but Newport Caravans have one with an SE pack  for £15 813.

Gender   Male

Location   Rossendale

Click on their name avatar and you will discover where they live and other facts.

It’s worth having ATC, correct loading and Noseweight are arguably more important (and free) but it’s nice to know ATC is there just in case

• Like 2

The above rig has been shown at several caravan shows in the past ten years.

I seem to remember that it was built to demonstrate/validate a Bristol University engineering student's thesis about twenty years ago.

I have often wondered how close it is to real caravan world towing dynamics.

I once jokingly asked a demonstrator if there  any Certificate of Conformity for the towing vehicle and the rig. ;) For some reason the demonstrator was unamused. :rolleyes:

The trailer seems to running on cross ply tyres. :o

I think the manufacturers start production of 2020 models in time for the NEC show in October. That means the previous vans are made unto August /September.

Why not get the dealer to specify on the order 2019 model?

Even if you can't get the van you want with the factory option ATC, it can be retro fitted.

Sign in to follow this