Sign in to follow this  
Paul_B

Caravan week at Aldi

Heads up,

Next Thursday (11th) sees a caravan week at Aldi, anything from a pegs to motor movers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't see anything on the Aldi website Paul.

Do you have a link to the sales items?

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Sea&Sand said:

Can't see anything on the Aldi website Paul.

Do you have a link to the sales items?

Cheers.

There is no detail yet.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/browse-by-date#Mobile Coming Soon

Any leaflets in the stores?

2 hours ago, David 38 said:

Any leaflets in the stores?

Its on the leaflets instore, the mover, caravan cover and awning look like they're online only.

I'm wondering if an error on their website in not showing next Thursdays offers as Easter ones are out this morning.

Screenshot from this months Caravan club magazine

IMG_3055.PNG

Here you go folks … ALDI.

image.thumb.png.74044a37e9dc107344574afd8edc453c.png

John

A self inflating cool bag??????????

Anybody used one of those low voltage heaters. Are they any good?

18 hours ago, Kayak said:

Anybody used one of those low voltage heaters. Are they any good?

Which one? There are a good few to pick from. :)

Now available online at Aldi   

Just ordered one of their water carriers. We have two Aquarolls and one of them must be nearly forty years old from when we started caravanning, or they first came out, but think it is time for a new one:)

31 minutes ago, LongTimeCaravaner said:

Just ordered one of their water carriers. We have two Aquarolls and one of them must be nearly forty years old from when we started caravanning, or they first came out, but think it is time for a new one:)

Too late I realise, because you have already ordered it, but with the pressure on us all to reduce plastic use, and you haven't said the old Aquaroll is faulty, I wonder why you are throwing it out? Just because it's 40 years old?

Guess old one is smaller capacity, might have smaller cap at 40 years,  just recently upgraded myself, but will try to recycle them to others as you say nothing wrong with them.

On 08/04/2019 at 08:36, Flat_at said:

Which one? There are a good few to pick from. :)

My son is looking for a low voltage heater and I wondered if anyone has any experience of them. He may go for the one that Aldi have for sale though there are a few at more or less the same price at my local caravan accessories shop. He's not looking for anything that throws out vast quantities of heat just something that will take the chill off in an evening. His caravan heater blasts out lots of heat but the design sends the heat under the bed runnerswhich soften and bend. He has had to relace them twice now so doesn't want to replace them a third time.

9 minutes ago, Kayak said:

My son is looking for a low voltage heater and I wondered if anyone has any experience of them. He may go for the one that Aldi have for sale though there are a few at more or less the same price at my local caravan accessories shop. He's not looking for anything that throws out vast quantities of heat just something that will take the chill off in an evening. His caravan heater blasts out lots of heat but the design sends the heat under the bed runnerswhich soften and bend. He has had to relace them twice now so doesn't want to replace them a third time.

"low voltage" ?

If you mean 240volt and LOW WATTAGE 500 watts should just about keep chill off, 1000 watt possibly better.

2 hours ago, David 38 said:

"low voltage" ?

If you mean 240volt and LOW WATTAGE 500 watts should just about keep chill off, 1000 watt possibly better.

Yes I  mean low wattage, four grandchildren charging round!

7 hours ago, daveat92 said:

Too late I realise, because you have already ordered it, but with the pressure on us all to reduce plastic use, and you haven't said the old Aquaroll is faulty, I wonder why you are throwing it out? Just because it's 40 years old?

They were smaller capacity then but also had a smaller neck for the pump which was too small for the pump on our current van. Hubby cut out a bigger hole and glued in a bigger fitting but it has looked a complete mess since. I take what you say about plastic but I am quite conservation minded in other things i.e. plastic bags and bottled water so I think I am allowed a new water carrier.

On 09/04/2019 at 13:44, Kayak said:

In our first 'van we used a cheap (the cheapest that we could find at the time) fan heater, it was 2kw but only ever used it on the 1kw setting in the 'van. I saw some in B&M last week for about £10. :)

25 minutes ago, Flat_at said:

In our first 'van we used a cheap (the cheapest that we could find at the time) fan heater, it was 2kw but only ever used it on the 1kw setting in the 'van. I saw some in B&M last week for about £10. :)

We still use one to supplement the Alde as it warms the interior quicker

Thanks for suggestions.

Anyone used the solar panel for trickle charging the battery in storage? Thinking of getting one.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Benny65 said:

Anyone used the solar panel for trickle charging the battery in storage? Thinking of getting one.

It only really worth it if you have an alarm to power since the panel is only 4w. Otherwise, if the caravan is only used on hookup the battery should never be low, if its used off-grid you should be taking it home to recharge anyway.

Edited by anthdci

16 hours ago, anthdci said:

It only really worth it if you have an alarm to power since the panel is only 4w. Otherwise, if the caravan is only used on hookup the battery should never be low, if its used off-grid you should be taking it home to recharge anyway.

No Alarm so I can count that out. 

Previously, on other vans I have disconnected the battery over winter due to the alarm drain. The last van had a solar panel so no problem. This van has normal battery clamps, not quick release so that's a job I need to do, but the voltage has dropped to  ~11.5Vdc  over this winter. 

Sign in to follow this