Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stillroaming

2019 Buccaneer Gas Bottle location

Recommended Posts

Any thoughts on the moving of the gas bottles from the centre of front locker to the outer edges, thus making the storage of the other bits and bobs (BBQ, Wash Bucket etc) easier?

It looks an easy enough job, the existing flexible gas pipes will reach with no alterations, but wondered if there are any constraints to consider, weight distribution or locker floor capability of supporting the bottles weight when not directly above the chassis so on and so forth….

Thanks

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are difficult enough where they are with that stupid door unless 2019s have got a new door, the one beside me in Spain still had the same door as mine.

 

I suppose it depends on how often you change gas bottles though.

 

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 Would have thought the outer edges / corners are not strengthened - that would be my primary concern but agree with your idea.

I have obtained the Elddis first aid kit & plasters for my head cuts  = 2018 Affinity with daft horizontal locker door max opener.  Just a slightly longer ram would solve it.

When in Spain long stay we left the heavy large Repsol Propano outside to assist when sited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing is the straps to secure the bottles and isn't there a recess for the bottle on the floor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, IanV8 said:

They are difficult enough where they are with that stupid door unless 2019s have got a new door, the one beside me in Spain still had the same door as mine.

 

I suppose it depends on how often you change gas bottles though.

 

Ian

Hi Ian, on average once a year....

 

7 hours ago, montesa said:

Hi,

 Would have thought the outer edges / corners are not strengthened - that would be my primary concern but agree with your idea.

I have obtained the Elddis first aid kit & plasters for my head cuts  = 2018 Affinity with daft horizontal locker door max opener.  Just a slightly longer ram would solve it.

When in Spain long stay we left the heavy large Repsol Propano outside to assist when sited.

I did wounder if the outer edges / corners would take the weight.

 

5 hours ago, Durbanite said:

The other thing is the straps to secure the bottles and isn't there a recess for the bottle on the floor?

The straps screw to the bulk head, I presume simple to unscrew and repostion,  the brackets on the floor are screwed to the floor (were on the 16 if memory servers me correctly) assume as I have not seen it yet, they are on the 19.

 

Thanks all,  Cheers Steve.

Edited by Stillroaming
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve, if only once a year then OK, I changed mine 24 times last year.

 

The brackets with the straps are just screwed to the bulkhead because I took mine off to reposition the buckles to make them easier to reach.

 

Ian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IanV8 said:

Steve, if only once a year then OK, I changed mine 24 times last year.

 

The brackets with the straps are just screwed to the bulkhead because I took mine off to reposition the buckles to make them easier to reach.

 

Ian

Thanks Ian, yes we used very little gas as we tended to use 5 van sites with electric with the last van and assume the same pattern with the new van, collection week after next.

Cheers Steve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had thought about doing this on our Elddis but decided the bottles were positioned above the chassis rails/ A frame for a reason so left it as it was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, towman said:

I had thought about doing this on our Elddis but decided the bottles were positioned above the chassis rails/ A frame for a reason so left it as it was 

Yes know what you mean, is it capability or lack of, of the locker floor or overall stability I don't know. Think I may ask Elddis next week and/or the dealer when I take final delivery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up the van yesterday and asked the question of the dealer.  They say the bottles are over the chassis for strength within the locker and the weight distribution being central. So decided they are staying where they are.

 

Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...