Waiting For Bailey

suziain

Hi all

Ordered a Bailey Series 5 Provance last September.   Is due week 9 which is sometime in March.   Does anyone know how accurate these dates are as we are planning to go away for Easter.

7455[/snapback]

Hope you get the van in time when we had our new bailey a few years ago it was bang on time

We ordered the same van at about the same time and were given week 10.

Dealer has told us this week that van would be avilable from about 18/2, which is a good 3-4 weeks early.

Worth checking with your dealer to find out the position as Baileys new production line does seem to be delivering the vans earlier.

Guest macSpot

We ordered our Senator last July, and were told it would arrive week 42. It was right on time.

We didn't like the long wait, but it was refreshing to be given a date that was correct.

MacSpot

Hi all

Ordered a Bailey Series 5 Provance last September.   Is due week 9 which is sometime in March.   Does anyone know how accurate these dates are as we are planning to go away for Easter.

7455[/snapback]

Hi, Much the same story really. our 'van arrived last Jan exactly when they said it would. Try to avoid collecting on a saterday though because the dealers tend to get very busy. We stayed a couple of nights in an all year site just to make sure every-thing was ok, which it was. Dont want to go away easter & find the fridge dosent work!!!

Hope you realy enjoy it, This is our first 'van & we've spent apx 60 nights and covered around 3000 miles last year and loved every second

Regards Gordon :D:D

Guest mr_sheens

bailey are informing us that their delivery dates are approx 2 weeks early. this is causing us some problems though, because we haven`t got the room to store them and some customers are not in a position to pick their new caravans up earlier.

Hi folfs

Suziain here, once again thanks for all your help and suggestions. Rang our dealer on saturday he told us that our van is due to be made on the third week in feb. so we should have it in the fourth. cant wait. Good idea Gordon not to collect on saturday as we probably would have.

Try to avoid collecting on a saterday though because the dealers tend to get very busy.

8050[/snapback]

We collected our Ranger 470/4 on a saturday, Barrons in Coppul only allow 3 vans out per saturday so they don't have veryone collecting a a weekend, I remember seeing a post on here when someone said their dealer had 18 vans out on a saturday. Barrons handover 5 on weekdays (maybe more) but deliberately reduce the numbers on saturdays to try & encourage mid week collections, we had to wait 3 weeks for a saturday to become free.

Rang our dealer to see if our Bordeaux would be delivered any earlier than mid March but he said he hasnt heard delivery is going to be any earlier. Pooh! we may not get away for easter after all! And our favourite camp is fully booked already, didnt want to chance booking in case van isnt ready on time!!

Guest macSpot
We collected our Ranger 470/4 on a saturday, Barrons in Coppul only allow 3 vans out per saturday so they don't have veryone collecting a a weekend, I remember seeing a post on here when someone said their dealer had 18 vans out on a saturday. Barrons handover 5 on weekdays (maybe more) but deliberately reduce the numbers on saturdays to try & encourage mid week collections, we had to wait 3 weeks for a saturday to become free.

8780[/snapback]

We bought our van from Barrons at Darlington. I'm not surprised they limit how many vans the handover, when we picked ours up it took nearly 2 hours. We were well impressed, they really made sure we understood how everything worked.

Hope you enjoy your van Suziain.

MacSpot

Hope your van comes early.

We have a Pageant Auvergne ordered for delivery in April and I rang our dealers and he said it could be end of Feb early March but would not commit to it - hope it is tho!!

MacSpot - we are getting the van from Barrons at Darlington - how did you find the handover - did they connect the water, gas, electric etc.

Any probs to look out for with them??

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I spoke to Viscout Caravans today who said originally that our Provence would be ready in the middle of May. Apparently Bailey are producing about 10 vans more per month than they anticipated we have been told today that the van would be ready for collection at week 15 which is 11th April. Sounds good and we are keen to get our hands on it but our drive and finances are all targeted for Mid May so I hope Viscount will be happy to store it until then.

• 2 weeks later...
Hope your van comes early.

We have a Pageant Auvergne ordered for delivery in April and I rang our dealers and he said it could be end of Feb early March but would not commit to it - hope it is tho!!

MacSpot - we are getting the van from Barrons at Darlington - how did you find the handover - did they connect the water, gas, electric etc.

Any probs to look out for with them??

8863[/snapback]

Don't know about Darlington, but in Coppul they connected everything up except the water as it was a bitterly cold day. They had Pdi'd the system though, as was proven when I picked up the water pump & it p'd water over me, and the small amount of water sloshing around in a semi frozen state in the toilet.

The handover took 2 hours, the guy went through everything, so the only time I have had the handbook out since was to check the tyre pressures & also when I thought I had a fault with the water heater.

Guest macSpot

Gord

Sorry I forget to track this topic. Barrons at Darlington showed us everything working, all the gas, electric and water components. The heater was on electric when we arrived so the van was lovely and warm inside. The only problem we had at pickup was with the battery of the old van, it had gone walk about. They soon found it and put it in place.

Since then we have had no less than three telephone calls from them asking if everything was ok. The only problems we have had so far were some pages missing in the handbook (new handbook arrived within a week) and we lost a couple of small decals of the front (replacements were posted directly to me and are waiting for some warm weather to replace them).

I can only hope Barrons keep up this level of service, but so far I have no complaints.

Sunseekers

Give your dealer a ring and ask him if you can check the van over before they do the PDI, it shouldn't be an issue. We found that doing this gives you a chance to see the van in its from the factory state, and lets you pick up things the dealer might need to address, we once arrved to see a van prior to the PDI, only to find it had the wrong upholstery - the dealer sorted it out before we went to pick the van up.

Hope you enjoy your new van.

MacSpot

The week number given is because the dealer won't know which day of that week the caravan will arrive.

Check with your dealer, sometimes a delay can occur getting the PDI done when they're busy like Spring.

Good dealers would just delay if necessary but bad dealers will skimp the PDI.

The week number given is because the dealer won't know which day of that week the caravan will arrive.

Check with your dealer, sometimes a delay can occur getting the PDI done when they're busy like Spring.

Good dealers would just delay if necessary but bad dealers will skimp the PDI.

13974[/snapback]

Thats one reason why I didn't mind waiting 3 weeks between delivery & collection, the dealer would have had all the time in the world to PDI the van, andas the only fault I've found so far was a loose screw on the mirror near the door, they seem to have done a thorough job of it.

BTW we were originally told 1st quarter of 2005, that then became end of january, and when we called on the first day open after new year it had arrived on the last working day before Christmas!!!! Bailey seem to be spot on with delivery times, and I didn't really mind the wait from late August now that it is here!!

Hello all

Just wanted to say "Bailey" arrived :P:P:P:P

Collected it on friday last, a word of warning though to all new caravaners or those buying new vans for the first time be sure to get electrics and gas connected and check everything before you leave the dealers,we didnt . At home we found the roof vent isnt working, not a big deal i know but with a round trip of 140 miles to get it looked at is. The other thing is bailey must have given the guy/girl that cleans off the excess sealer/mastic the day off when our van came came through the production line, v messy around the grab rails and roof joints. Appart from all my moaning, love the van and cant wait to get away at easter.

cheers for now

suziain

:( just had some bad news! :(

Dealer rang to say they badley damaged the caravan on delivery :unsure::angry:

They dont want to do repair job as it will eventually fade(?)

Got more due in in week 12 (afert Easter!!)

My gut instinct tells me something is amiss! Does anyone think its likely that someone has offered over the odds for faster delivery and have been bumped up the list??

Very Sad!

"The other thing is bailey must have given the guy/girl that cleans off the excess sealer/mastic the day off when our van came came through the production line, v messy around the grab rails and roof joints. "

Suziain

I dont think they gave anyone any time off!!!!!!!! I have had my Provence since October and the sealant is the same as yours - in fact, I have checked many Bailey vans and they are all the same.

Having said that, we are extremely pleased with the 'van and have been using it all thro' the winter and spent 4 days last week near Birmingham and had snow on the first night - nice and warm inside tho' and on subsequent nights had to turn the heating off overnight as it was too warm to sleep!!!!!!!!

Im sure you will enjoy your new Provence, its a lovely caravan.

Could someone give a good checklist of things to look out for when collecting the van. I have made a note of some of the things mentioned but wondered if there were common faults to look out for. Our van should be ready next month.