Sign in to follow this  
bobthevanman

Charmouth

Springtime

The staff there cannot do enough to make you welcome and are always friendly helpful and approachable. 

The staff did nothing to make us welcome and were very far from being friendly, helpful or approachable.  The staff with whom I came in contact seemed to me to have had a customer service by-pass with the attitude that the customer is always wrong-unless they are the market for a holiday home.

As an example, when I connected my 'van to the EHU and there was no power I reported the matter to reception. I was then accused by the unlikely "electrician" that I had overloaded the circuit.

I do not leave reviews of sites nor do I read them.

DeeTee

Obviously a very different experience to the norm.

I do not understand the need or relevance for the flippant comment .

10 minutes ago, DeeTee said:

the customer is always wrong-unless they are the market for a holiday home

28 minutes ago, springtime said:

Obviously a very different experience to the norm.

I do not understand the need or relevance for the flippant comment .

I do not understand why you feel the need to continually draw attention, on a semi public forum to my opinion of The Wood Farm  Caravan park Charmouth. Though perhaps the fact that you appear to have a Willerby holiday home in Charmouth provides a clue?

We were very disappointed with the attitude of the staff and other matters when we stayed for nearly three weeks at

The Wood Farm  Caravan park Charmouth.

Had I left a review I would have given only two stars and I am certain that the review would not have been posted to the website.

9 minutes ago, DeeTee said:

I do not understand why you feel the need to continually draw attention, on a semi public forum to my opinion of The Wood Farm  Caravan park Charmouth. Though perhaps the fact that you appear to have a Willerby holiday home in Charmouth provides a clue?

We were very disappointed with the attitude of the staff and other matters when we stayed for nearly three weeks at

The Wood Farm  Caravan park Charmouth.

Had I left a review I would have given only two stars and I am certain that the review would not have been posted to the website.

I think your attitude says it all.

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time.

What some consider to be a rubbish sites others view them as excellent, and vice versa. 

Just because YOUR opinion differs from somebody else’s doesn’t mean they are wrong (or, for that matter right) 

Shall we all just accept that we sometimes hold differing views and concentrate on ENJOYING our (all too short) lives ?

Andy

Eating out was mentioned and I have to recommend the "Pilot" in Lyme Regis, the best squid I have ever had, with a lovely piece of hake to follow. Oops nearly forgot the local ale and was forced to have several to ensure the quality was consistent.

PS : Agreed Andy life is too short not to enjoy, however having witnessed first hand how difficult and argumentative some people can be with the site staff, (over nothing) they clearly have a different philosophy.:D

• Thanks 1

When we stayed  at the Wood Farm Caravan park near Charmouth for three weeks last year we did not find what others have apparently found there. We would neither return nor recommend to anyone.

Other opinions are available.

On 28/03/2019 at 15:49, Johnaldo said:

Gary, could you post a link to this gadget please?

John

Sorry for the late response but as someone else said, it's standard on Swift's now and it's a useful piece of kit.  It's built into the new Command-based control panel over the door.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 21:10, Tuningdrew said:

Standard fit on Swift caravans after 2015 I think. Part of the Sargent control panel.

2 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

Sorry for the late response but as someone else said, it's standard on Swift's now and it's a useful piece of kit.  It's built into the new Command-based control panel over the door.

Thanks both.

John

Here is an alternative site for those wanting to visit Charmouth.  About a fifteen minute walk with a good bus service. http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/newlands_holidays_park.html

David