Sign in to follow this  
ivan leslie

Green Card for the Caravan - Latest Government advice

On 03/04/2019 at 22:14, smino0_1 said:

can i shame them now?.prob my fault as i didnt ask when taking out the insurance.bit of a grey area.does any body know what they will deff be doing in 9 months time? guess not, but if you dont then you have to pay for the privilege

I'm also with LV and left the request for the Green Cards as late as I dared [since had to put departure date back for unconnected reasons]. LV letter with Green Card said words to the effect that I could continue the existing policy protection of any length of EU trip up to 180 days per annum.

Unfortunately, under the Withdrawal Agreement, we'll only be able to do 90 days in any one 180 day period  - well Mrs Marchie keeps reminding me that she can do 180 days because she has an Irish Passport ... To which I reply,'Yes, darling, but you don't drive abroad and you certainly don't wish to tow Gobby [our Folding Caravan]'. Stony silence [or have I gone deaf?].

Steve

4 hours ago, alan29 said:

Brits dont do mass civil unrest.

We stand around in the drizzle with banners saying

"Bad form, old chap"

and

"Just not cricket."

How can a riot be 'civil unrest'? Surely it should be at least uncivil unrest ... 'Excuse me, I'm about to throw a brick, and you're in my eyeline ...' 'Terribly sorry, mush  after you' ... 'No, I insist, after YOU ...' etc etc.

Steve

44 minutes ago, marchie1053 said:

I'm also with LV and left the request for the Green Cards as late as I dared [since had to put departure date back for unconnected reasons]. LV letter with Green Card said words to the effect that I could continue the existing policy protection of any length of EU trip up to 180 days per annum.

Unfortunately, under the Withdrawal Agreement, we'll only be able to do 90 days in any one 180 day period  - well Mrs Marchie keeps reminding me that she can do 180 days because she has an Irish Passport ... To which I reply,'Yes, darling, but you don't drive abroad and you certainly don't wish to tow Gobby [our Folding Caravan]'. Stony silence [or have I gone deaf?].

Steve

How can a riot be 'civil unrest'? Surely it should be at least uncivil unrest ... 'Excuse me, I'm about to throw a brick, and you're in my eyeline ...' 'Terribly sorry, mush  after you' ... 'No, I insist, after YOU ...' etc etc.

Steve

Steve - can I just query your comment on the WA - if it is signed we move into the “ transition period “ which means nothing changes and you can stay as long as you want for the next 18 months or so,  if we leave without a deal, the 90 days could come into play ( probably will !! ).;do you agree ?