Sign in to follow this  
Wellys and Mac

Deliberately Arriving Early

19 hours ago, Allan Guest said:

Just seen the post on the CMC forum.

What the poster seems to want is to arrive before the stated arrival time and, knowing this is wrong, is trying to justify this by saying they will pay for the night before arrival. 

I say wrong as they are clearly aware what the arrival times are. If it doesn’t suit then maybe they will need to reconsider.

I can see no comparison with someone who is already on site leaving early.

F, M, really, you think this is a big problem.? .

I understand why there may be arrival times and leaving times but if there is no one leaving then I see no problem with being allowed to arrive early, you don't ask you don't get. wardens, site owner can always say no.

CL's may have an arrival and leave time, there may be no one on site the day "you" arrive.  Is there any reason other then it says in the rules not to arrive early if you have the owners permission?

Same as there are 4 spare pitches, you want to stay late and there are 4 people arriving. They all can have a pitch,

if owner agrees why cant you stay late?

macafee2

42 minutes ago, Easy T said:

I have seen an outfit coming on site at 5.30am when staying at Cadeside. No problem as long as the warden is happy and has given prior consent then that is totally fine. I think in this case the people had come off a morning ferry somewhere

That should have been 8.30 not 5.30!!!

Although a member of the CMC, its a rarity that I will use their sites because of their "contractual" bookings.   What a load of rubbish.  I've booked on a commercial site for April (no, not Easter:D).  I've paid £50 deposit and staying a week.  However, OH has had an appointment come through a week or so ago from the hospital for a pre-op for a heart valve during the middle of the week we were supposed to arrive at the site.  I contacted the site (by email), and explained the situation, and that it looks like it may be May when we arrive.  No problem they said, just let us know when at your convenience, and I will move the booking, including my paid deposit, to the date I will arrive.  No contractual this or contractual that.  I've never, ever yet had a problem changing my dates, and I've done a few over the few years that my fella has been in dialysis and there's a problem.  And I've also found that its cheaper to use a lot of commercial sites than CMC sites.

I suspect that most outfits, other than Camping and Caravan Club, will let you change dates if you have such a problem. No use to me though as, if such an event happens I am unlikely to fit an alternative date into my plans but would not worry in such a situation. When I tour I often have found that the 'private' sites are dearer than CMC sites for my required dates. Not a problem if that is where I wish to be.

23 hours ago, LongTimeCaravaner said:

None of my business but it seems a great deal of hassle not to mention expense just to arrive two hours earlier.

We arrived late one afternoon at a site and took one of the last couple of free pitches. Next morning someone moved off a more desirable pitch [ good view] so clearing it with the warden we moved pitch. I wasn't really prepared for the snarled comment from our new neighbour to the effect of what pull did I have that I had managed to arrive on site so early.

Had a similar comment when asked to move by the owners of one site, to make room for a fifth wheel caravan. Our new neighbour made some rude comments while asking how we had been allowed into the site so early.  I really enjoyed winding him up for the rest of their stay.  :D

• Haha 1

On 20/03/2019 at 17:31, Wellys and Mac said:

This is a repeat of my post on the CMC forum, sorry but I have no idea what's going on there.

The problem we face is that Michelle who is on a weekend rota was informed yesterday that the weekend we were due to arrive on a CMC site she now has to work, both Saturday and Sunday.

Our solution when we book commercial sites under similar work commitments that hinder our plans is to pay for the previous night, in this case Sunday, and arrive early on Monday, in essence paying for a pitch but only using it say 2 hours out of the upto 24 hours paid for.

This appears to be wrong with the posters, I'm struggling to understand why?

Note.

I didn't take into account CMC's booking arrangements re payments, that is no deposit and pay upon arrival, but even so, I have made a commitment (contractual) to pay for an extra 24 hours use prior to arrival via my booking, so would still WANT to pay for unused time to facilitate an early/late arrival.

I think the title of this trhead should be "Arriving 22 hrs Late" rather than early, you are arriving late, how can anyone see a problem with this?

AJG

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

I think the title of this trhead should be "Arriving 22 hrs Late" rather than early, you are arriving late, how can anyone see a problem with this?

There is no facility with CMC to pay for a site that you are not using.  The Sunday booking would be cancelled as a no show and it therefore becomes a Monday arrival. The advice given to speak to the site was the best advice.

On 21/03/2019 at 11:11, Wellys and Mac said:

Before I post further I would like to make a statement.

On the CMC forum there is a good deal of Bear Baitimg going on, I have no idea why two posters on their took such offence to what I thought was a fairly straightforward question. Having looked at their comments today it would appear insulting people then arguing whether or not they do insult seems to be their pastime, its wholly wrong for this to happen. Secondly why are some adding their own agenda to my question, with their own snide comments added.

So I have noted everything that's been said, I now know via this forum that one contributor has knowledge of the booking system, and again via this forum experiences of phoning the site isn't uncommon. So to the folk in this thread Thank You.

Because we are travelling a total of 210 miles on a bank holiday Monday I'm a little apprehensive to phone for the Wardens Discretion, so our solution if anyone is interested is I have cancelled the Sunday and BH Monday, rebooked the Monday on a CMC site 90 miles away, which avoids the M5 and its black spots, to then journey into Wales Tuesday.

So again I will sing the praises of the CMC booking system for cancellation protocols, be a little cynical over not being able to book in advance, and pay, I do note access roads, and down right condem the awful forum they have, whose virtual doors I will never darken again.

I  wish you would stay on and fight your corner with these people, its been going on for years and quite few have left because of it  , dont give them another scalp!

6 hours ago, Easy T said:

There is no facility with CMC to pay for a site that you are not using.  The Sunday booking would be cancelled as a no show and it therefore becomes a Monday arrival. The advice given to speak to the site was the best advice.

I agree with this. Since the night before pitch cannot be paid for, it would potentially remain empty. There is no guarantee whatever that the OP would turn up the following day and make payment, which would represent a loss of pitch availability to someone else, and loss of revenue.  The proposal can only therefore be an attempt to bypass the arrival time rule.

Im sure the wardens would say that a early arrival would interfere with their cleaning duties and they would be right. You can bet your life that if they do it for one then everyone would be at it. Just left a site this morning and a motor home arrived around 10am he was still waiting at the gate when we left at 11.30am.  Infact the warden was sweeping the road round him at one point.🤣

Remember rules are rules. Where would we be without rules. France! thats where we would be. (Al Murray)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David in Cheshire said:

I  wish you would stay on and fight your corner with these people, its been going on for years and quite few have left because of it  , dont give them another scalp!

Sorry David, firstly can I apologise for starting a thread which then led to the disgraceful behaviour towards you, quite obvious to me to see a poster using "mock upset" to, well, grind you down.

Secondly, the only unpleasant experience I put up with is the dentist! So no, I had a great deal of help regarding the camera thread, but the last experience, far too disturbing on many levels. 

Thank you anyway 

1 hour ago, David in Cheshire said:

There are a few David. I suspect that W&M might class me the same. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chrisn7 said:

I agree with this. Since the night before pitch cannot be paid for, it would potentially remain empty. There is no guarantee whatever that the OP would turn up the following day and make payment, which would represent a loss of pitch availability to someone else, and loss of revenue.  The proposal can only therefore be an attempt to bypass the arrival time rule.

I think you need to read my previous posts, I did reply but it seems to have not appeared probably me.

Can I give an example of what I have been used to, upto joining the CMC this February.

We have a booking in July on a commercial site, Sunday to Sunday.

Paid in full,  several weeks before arrival, normal.

We are due to arrive Sunday as said, but we have no idea at this point in time if Michelle will be working on Sunday,.

So if she is what I have done in the past is phone the site Sunday of arrival, advise them we wont be arriving until Monday morning.

Every single site were this has happened without exception say "Ok, see you then".

That's all my post was about  and a little help, that's it.

23 minutes ago, Easy T said:

There are a few David. I suspect that W&M might class me the same. 

To be honest EasyT no, you didn't take part in the awful behaviour towards David, or did you? Not looked in depth.

I dont understand some of the replies I have had. It's as if the words I have written have been rearranged.

Edited by Wellys and Mac

1 hour ago, Wellys and Mac said:

To be honest EasyT no, you didn't take part in the awful behaviour towards David, or did you? Not looked in depth.

No I didn't attack David - I speak bluntly but I am not a keyboard warrior ;) 

1 hour ago, Wellys and Mac said:

I think you need to read my previous posts, I did reply but it seems to have not appeared probably me.

Can I give an example of what I have been used to, upto joining the CMC this February.

We have a booking in July on a commercial site, Sunday to Sunday.

Paid in full,  several weeks before arrival, normal.

We are due to arrive Sunday as said, but we have no idea at this point in time if Michelle will be working on Sunday,.

So if she is what I have done in the past is phone the site Sunday of arrival, advise them we wont be arriving until Monday morning.

Every single site were this has happened without exception say "Ok, see you then".

That's all my post was about  and a little help, that's it.

I dont understand some of the replies I have had. It's as if the words I have written have been rearranged.

The difference is, in that example you had paid in full in advance, so not the same issue as CMC.

As already said, their systems do not allow for retrospective payment.

24 minutes ago, Easy T said:

No I didn't attack David - I speak bluntly but I am not a keyboard warrior ;) 

You never have Alan, we all know who they are and at least one of them has enrolled himself on here in order to continue the pursuit of WandM

3 hours ago, David in Cheshire said:

There loss is our gain 😀

Posted (edited)

Very good. :)

So I now fully understand the rule and procedures around the question I posted, and I fully accept the answers given.

From a discussion point of view only, I did take part on a thread re "New Booking System" announced by the CMC, a contributor posted would this be the introduction of deposits?

If it was, would payment of a booking in full prior to arrival be the next logical step?

Asking for a friend :D

As a ps

Does the Caravan & Camping Club have the same system of booking as the CMC?

Edited by Wellys and Mac

12 minutes ago, Wellys and Mac said:

Very good. :)

So I now fully understand the rule and procedures around the question I posted, and I fully accept the answers given.

From a discussion point of view only, I did take part on a thread re "New Booking System" announced by the CMC, a contributor posted would this be the introduction of deposits?

If it was, would payment of a booking in full prior to arrival be the next logical step?

Asking for a friend :D

As a ps

Does the Caravan & Camping Club have the same system of booking as the CMC?

The Caravan and Camping Club take a deposit on booking.

I guess the answer is, if you pay in full in advance then the pitch is yours regardless, if you can't pay in advance then it's not :)

2 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

The Caravan and Camping Club take a deposit on booking.

I guess the answer is, if you pay in full in advance then the pitch is yours regardless, if you can't pay in advance then it's not :)

In a nutshell thats exactly it!

:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

The real answer is phone the site and speak to them ;)

Edited by Easy T
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I had problem with a caravan and wanted to buy some new parts so I phoned the cc  site and they just said arrive early  and park in the late arrivals this was about 8 o'clock .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

1 hour ago, CommanderDave said:

I had problem with a caravan and wanted to buy some new parts so I phoned the cc  site and they just said arrive early  and park in the late arrivals this was about 8 o'clock .

Dave

Having read the rules on this  

Phone site to let them know we would be late,

Arrive anytime into a LNA if available

Pay full fees.

So I could if I wanted do exactly what I stated, I would have been mega late, but circumstances dictated.

For all the Trolls and nasty people that some how see my seeking advice as an affront to humanity, 

Michelle (my wife) is now on the sick, with stress, a condition of her work.

So my desire to have a stress  free holiday, spending quality time with each other, did have a genuine reason behind it.

I hope those involved feel a deep sense of shame.

Thank you.

• Like 1