Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, Livi said:

OK, I've tried and I've failed, as I suspected I would.

Perhaps, in these days of wide spread parking problems you can enlighten us on how to find these magic car parks where there are "always other parking spaces".

May you never find yourself in a situation where you are unable to park because other drivers have parked in your "considerate" manner.

I know I've been there, which may explain why I, and others object to it.

Keep on digging.

never have a problem at B&Q where an Audi can often be seen in two spaces. we park in the half of the car park that is away from the shop and walk that bit further, never have a problem at Morrison's as I park at the far end of the car park and walk that bit further, never have a problem at Asda, cos guess what... I park at the far end of the car park and walk that bit further, never have a problem at screwfix, Euro car parts the list goes on and on :)

oh, I do have a problem at the co-op so I park in the road instead 

Don't have a problem in the local town cos I don't use the car parks, I parallel park in the road and....walk that bit further:)

so, despite there being other car parking spaces and me parking at the far end of the car park I'm selfish cos I take two spaces, not cos I stop anyone from parking, I just stop them parking in that particular space :)

As there are always other spaces I apologise for not comprehending your frustration, I fully appreciate you consider it poor parking.  If I parked right by the shop doorway and took two spaces I might see your point of view a bit more.

Do you have any understanding or acceptance that all I want to do is protect my car? 

I'm not even being berated because (thought I'd use because instead of cos just to show I can spell because) people cant park.

macafee2

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Livi said:

I don't really have a problem with people taking up 2 spaces in a large deserted car park that is likely to stay that way, but neither do I see the perceived need to do so in that situation🤔

I also have a large fairly expensive car which I take a pride in and try to look after it, but I also live in a world which involves sometimes having to use busy car parks and get frustrated by selfish drivers who aggravate the situation by grabbing two spaces for themselves.

How anyone can argue that this is not inconsiderate is beyond me.

Must be my blinkers getting in the way.

Edited to add: 

The busy car park situation is part of the bigger picture which you, in turn, appear to be blinkered to. 

It it may be that you have the luxury of being able to totally avoid busy car parks, but can you at least see how this type of selfish parking would be an issue in a busy car park scenario.

Believe me , I've been confronted with it often.

I do not consider it selfish because..................... there are other parking spaces . No one is without a parking space.

I would see it as an issue if there was a space here and there but not when there are plenty.

You are more then welcome to continue to be upset because you arrive at a car park that has empty spaces but you notice a car taking two. 

macafee2

Roll on summer when everyone's having happy thoughts and talking how of nice the site and the areas is :unsure:

Ok so that's a bit far fetched,  realistically they'll be winging of the price of beer and the people in the next caravan :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The caravan is parked completely inconsiderately with no thought for anyone else and is typical of todays society.

Can I ask how macafee 2 parks at a NHS hospital. At busy times at Wrexham hospital cars are strewn everywhere because there's too many people trying to park, yes even Range Rovers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JCloughie said:

For that to happen both of the vans to the side would have to have been obstructing.   Highly unlikely.  Even then, there is so much room there are better options available.

John

If as you say there is so much room available, why is it an issue? 

1 hour ago, macafee2 said:

You are more then welcome to continue to be upset because you arrive at a car park that has empty spaces but you notice a car taking two. 

macafee2

Where did I say that?

I get upset when I arrive at a car park with no vacant spaces because some person or persons decide that their car(s) need to have two spaces.

1 hour ago, macafee2 said:

never have a problem at B&Q where an Audi can often be seen in two spaces. we park in the half of the car park that is away from the shop and walk that bit further, never have a problem at Morrison's as I park at the far end of the car park and walk that bit further, never have a problem at Asda, cos guess what... I park at the far end of the car park and walk that bit further, never have a problem at screwfix, Euro car parts the list goes on and on :)

oh, I do have a problem at the co-op so I park in the road instead 

Don't have a problem in the local town cos I don't use the car parks, I parallel park in the road and....walk that bit further:)

so, despite there being other car parking spaces and me parking at the far end of the car park I'm selfish cos I take two spaces, not cos I stop anyone from parking, I just stop them parking in that particular space :)

As there are always other spaces I apologise for not comprehending your frustration, I fully appreciate you consider it poor parking.  If I parked right by the shop doorway and took two spaces I might see your point of view a bit more.

Do you have any understanding or acceptance that all I want to do is protect my car? 

I'm not even being berated because (thought I'd use because instead of cos just to show I can spell because) people cant park.

macafee2

I have a perfect understanding and acceptance that you want to protect your car.

I want to protect mine as well. I even go to all the lengths you go to, to facilitate this wherever possible, except  park astride two marked spaces.

There is a line I won't cross.(pun fully intended).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Livi said:

There is a line I won't cross.(pun fully intended).

You dont have to cross it, put one wheel on either side, simples :D:D:D

1 hour ago, Woodie106 said:

If as you say there is so much room available, why is it an issue? 

Sorry I didn’t explain that point, I thought it to be obvious.  The second place has been paid for by someone else and they could turn up at any time.

But there is plenty of space available, including a dedicated bay, for working on a van if that is required.

This is why it is clearly inconsiderate.  And also why there is no comparison to cars in free car parks, (which I am not getting involved with).  And why that should be a totally separate discussion.

John

• Like 1

I've finished my second bag of popcorn - remind what the score is currently.

• Haha 2

This does seem like handbags at dawn!

Are there not more important things to get excited about?

For God's sake, we're facingBrexit/terrorism/Labour/etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, djwake said:

Yes but when there are molehills that need turning into mountains.....

5 hours ago, djwake said:

Well a change is as good as a rest, soon the lorry drivers will be blocking the arterial routes so we'll have loads of parking spaces, the whole of the M1 / m25 / A1 etc, the government are trying to get parking meters installed in readiness.

29 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

Yes but when there are molehills that need turning into mountains.....

Work in progress :D

6 hours ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

I've finished my second bag of popcorn - remind what the score is currently.

Its nil / nil due to the offside LBW rule.

• Haha 2

I have been watching you tube videos of people in America who constantly monitor Carparks then when they see someone parked incorrectly they will park either side so close that the offender cannot get into his car it is so funny to watch the antics of the individual trying to get into his car through the boot .

The inconsiderate people who park this way  are typical of the me first attitude of this generation I am alright Jack pull up the ladder .......Peter

• Like 2

11 hours ago, frazerg said:

The caravan is parked completely inconsiderately with no thought for anyone else and is typical of todays society.

Can I ask how macafee 2 parks at a NHS hospital. At busy times at Wrexham hospital cars are strewn everywhere because there's too many people trying to park, yes even Range Rovers.

In a single parking space because there are no spare parking spaces and even if they are, they wont be there for long and under those circumstances it would be inconsiderate to park in two.   Mind you, to go to a hospital car park I'd take the car that would not upset me too much if it picked up a dent, our other two cars would stay at home.

For some it does not matter how many parking spaces there are in the car park, taking two they consider inconsiderate, I on the other hand feel it does matter and tailor my parking to my environment.

macafee2

1 hour ago, peterjohn said:

I have been watching you tube videos of people in America who constantly monitor Carparks then when they see someone parked incorrectly they will park either side so close that the offender cannot get into his car it is so funny to watch the antics of the individual trying to get into his car through the boot .

The inconsiderate people who park this way  are typical of the me first attitude of this generation I am alright Jack pull up the ladder .......Peter

they are stopping someone getting into their car and leaving and no doubt they too are taking two spaces.

I don't think it is funny.

macafee2

A Poll to allow contributors to polarise their opinions.

2 hours ago, Grandpa Steve said:

A Poll to allow contributors to polarise their opinions.

Its not really the topic thats ended up being discussed here GPS, "Do you consider parking across two marked bays inconsiderate in an empty car park away from the store entrance" would be more accurate. It probably wont make any difference to the ones incapable of reasonable thought though :D:D

2 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Its not really the topic thats ended up being discussed here GPS, "Do you consider parking across two marked bays inconsiderate in an empty car park away from the store entrance" would be more accurate. It probably wont make any difference to the ones incapable of reasonable thought though :D:D

For many that have replied it doesn't matter if you are the only car in the carpark!

4 hours ago, peterjohn said:

And you find this funny? really? how sad.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Can I ask the question - was the parking rule  cleary explained to the person who put the caravan there before he/she put it there? 

Edited by Woodie106
  • Haha 1

Can I ask the question - was the parking rule  cleary explained to the person who put the caravan there before he/she put it there? 

Does it really matter? It does not take much intelligence to realise that the slabs clearly visible in the photograph are intended to be under the hitch or jockey wheel.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In my humble opinion this topic is simply humiliation of a fellow caravanner, who has parked his/her caravan in a private storage compound, without any  regard or respect to their right to  privacy.:rolleyes:

Edited by DeeTee
added text

1 hour ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

And you find this funny? really? how sad.

No I do not find this particular episode funny because as far as I can tell, she wasn’t straddling white lines. What I was referring to was people who blatantly park so as to stop people being able to use the car park to it’s full potential.....Peter

10 minutes ago, peterjohn said:

No I do not find this particular episode funny because as far as I can tell, she wasn’t straddling white lines. What I was referring to was people who blatantly park so as to stop people being able to use the car park to it’s full potential.....Peter

{YAWN]

Everyone who sites there is personally had the rules explained and demonstrated to them when the make a contract.

But it’s also self explanatory.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

{YAWN]

👅