Sign in to follow this  

I think my storage area provides generous room.  Nevertheless, when I went there last week this is how one was parked opposite.

The jockey wheel should be in line with the slab.  

Spaces are not assigned to individuals.

IMG_2385.thumb.JPG.df0a22ee4eaac42d3d0c58b400e64cbd.JPG

John

It's therefore up to the site owner to admonish him and make him shift it, or failing that shift it himself and charge the van owner for the time and effort involved. Or better still charge him for two plots

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, matelodave said:

It's therefore up to the site owner to admonish him and make him shift it, or failing that shift it himself and charge the van owner for the time and effort involved. Or better still charge him for two plots

+1

The one to the left looks off line as well ?

Edited by CommanderDave

The problem being is that when the person who rents the plot arrives late, where does he park as the owner of the storage could be out.  We have had that issue at a previous storage site, but luckily the caravan never had any security devices fitted so the owner was able to move the errant caravan. 

1 hour ago, JCloughie said:

I think my storage area provides generous room.  Nevertheless, when I went there last week this is how one was parked opposite.

I wonder if this is his towcar?

Poor parking 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

The problem being is that when the person who rents the plot arrives late, where does he park as the owner of the storage could be out.  We have had that issue at a previous storage site, but luckily the caravan never had any security devices fitted so the owner was able to move the errant caravan. 

We don’t have allocated spaces which is an issue.  But because the spaces are so generous it’s left to people to park considerately, which is done 99% of the time.  The owner is not always around, we all have the combination to get in.

There are always at least the same places as caravans so finding a place is not a problem.  It just might not be the one initially allocated.

Just why anyone would be  so unnecessarily inconsiderate baffles me.

John

My bro used to work in a place where inconsiderate parking was rewarded with an A3 sticky label stuck on the windscreen with very tenacious glue which could take half an hour or so to get it all off.

It worked well as it deterred both the perpetrator and those who saw it it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, matelodave said:

My bro used to work in a place where inconsiderate parking was rewarded with an A3 sticky label stuck on the windscreen with very tenacious glue which could take half an hour or so to get it all off.

Pity, I think the site owner is too nice for that, but a top bloke.

John

• Thanks 1

When we got our plot, the owner explained fully how we were to park our caravan.  Very explicit and well done.  There is no excuse for pitching in the wrong place

• Thanks 1

Not helped by lazy site manager!

Numbering the marker slabs and allocating places does not take much work. Marker lines painted on the fence would also help.

Still cannot guarantee that nobody will be inconsiderate, but every little helps.

When I was wearing the uniform I always wished there was a specific offence of “Parking like a ...............   “  I would have issued loads of tickets for that! 

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babstreefern said:

When we got our plot, the owner explained fully how we were to park our caravan.  Very explicit and well done.  There is no excuse for pitching in the wrong place

Same here. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Babstreefern said:

Just like the “instructions” issued by CMC site warders??

**Edit**

Sorry I MEANT warDENS!!

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

2 hours ago, matelodave said:

Thats criminal damage in my book and I would have no hesitation in charging for my time and any damage done. Stupid behaviour.

• Like 1

I am not defending the van being parked badly, but maybe the person thinks you should park between the slabs; hes done that well! But then again he could be terrible at reversing.

32 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Thats criminal damage in my book and I would have no hesitation in charging for my time and any damage done. Stupid behaviour.

No damage, just annoyance. How do you persuade people who think they are immune. Perhaps you ban them from parking in the car park instead. 

A lot of the problems with society nowadays is inconsideration, arrogance and the fact that there don't seem to be any sanction against bad behaviour. 

• Like 5

Unfortunately this is typical of the society we now live in. I'm alright so sod everyone else.

1 hour ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Lucky to just get one ticket when I was at Ford Halewood it was 6 A4 one on each door and 2 across the windscreen and for some it was not a deterrence.

A slot is allocated where I store my caravan.

• Like 1

Occasionally I have been forced to park off centre because the car in the next bay both sides have. On returning to the car the bad parkers next door have left, leaving our car appearing to be the sole offender. It is quite possible that occurred on the caravan storage park.

• Like 1

On my storage site I had parked in the same place for a few years that then started to number and we are number 12 given to us by the storage owner. We can back from a holiday to find number 13 had taken our place. The owners pushed it to the middle and rang them to come and park properly or leave the storage. 

When end it comes to caravan club sites. My new caravan has the door on the off side, not a problem it just goes A frame in first but I rang the club just to clear this up. We always ask for a pitch with awning even though we don’t use an awning the reason is a have a disability and need the space so followed CMC advice. When it comes to door on off side and again needing space I was told as long as the caravan is 6 meters from another caravan park the best way for you any problems just ask warden to call head office.  I don’t imaging this to be a problem ever as long as I follow the above rule.  I always had to move right of the peg anyway because of the size of car I own. 

‘It is all about being  courteous to other campers 

James 

6 hours ago, matelodave said:

Yip, charge them for two plots

5 hours ago, Durbanite said:

The problem being is that when the person who rents the plot arrives late, where does he park as the owner of the storage could be out.

Across the front of the van taking up two spaces!

5 hours ago, Gordon said:

I wonder if this is his towcar?

Poor parking 2.jpg

I park like that and I know where another driver parks like that. They park like it so often I'm going to guess they park like it that for the same reason as me. The hope that who ever parks next to them parks fully in a space. They can then open their doors without the risk of hitting my car . You may call me and the driver in this picture inconsiderate but are there free spaces in the car park? Not as if anyone is going to have trouble finding a parking space by the look of it.

For those that think it is inconsiderate, please explain why I and anyone else should not take a precaution to avoid damage to our cars.

macafee2

9 minutes ago, macafee2 said:

I park like that and I know where another driver parks like that. They park like it so often I'm going to guess they park like it that for the same reason as me. The hope that who ever parks next to them parks fully in a space. They can then open their doors without the risk of hitting my car . You may call me and the driver in this picture inconsiderate but are there free spaces in the car park? Not as if anyone is going to have trouble finding a parking space by the look of it.

For those that think it is inconsiderate, please explain why I and anyone else should not take a precaution to avoid damage to our cars.

macafee2

Thats what I said, inconsiderate, arrogant, I forgot ignorant as well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve never had a parking dent when parking properly.

If I had an old banger I’d park it ‘right’ next to the drivers door on that so that you’d severe a cigarette paper trying to get it in between 👌

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, matelodave said:

No damage, just annoyance. How do you persuade people who think they are immune. Perhaps you ban them from parking in the car park instead. 

A lot of the problems with society nowadays is inconsideration, arrogance and the fact that there don't seem to be any sanction against bad behaviour. 

It is criminal damage under the Criminal Damage Act 1971 just as letting the air out of someone's tyres is. There doesn't have to be physical damage as in denting or breaking. An unlawfully deflated tyre would cause inconvenience and cost time to rectify as would a label with a deliberately applied difficult to remove adhesive.

The courts have ruled that "Any alteration to the physical nature of the property concerned may amount to damage within the meaning of the Act. Whether it does so or not will depend on the effect that the alteration has had upon the legitimate operator where the interference amounts to an impairment of the value or usefulness of the property to the owner."

When you think about it sensibly, it's somewhat self-defeating as the offending vehicle will be there for longer until the windscreen has been cleaned.

Edited by Legal Eagle