Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Les Medes

CMC Site Prices

Recommended Posts

Yes i will 2nd or 3rd or 4th that. 4 nights at knarsborough next week CMC £104. Right we thought not paying over  £25 a night. Priced up Borobridge C&CC  £68 for 4 nights rang up to book as they have a 8m limit on the web site. Was informed on flood alert. So that was the end of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Llew said:

They've also been discriminating against Caravans long before the name change, funny how wardens give preferential treatment to motorhomes by reserving hardstanding pitches,

I have been a CMC member for 38 years and have never had a problem taking a hard standing when available. I have seen a hard stand pitch reserved for a long motorhome when most pitches would have been tight. I have been told that the warden would be grateful if I used a grass pitch but, as I did not need his gratitude I took hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

U.K. sites appear to be going the same way as many foreign ones. That is away from touring pitches and into cabins etc. Of course cabins can be rented out all year round regardless of the weather, whilst the season for touring pitches is pretty short.  

 

Doesn’t help us tourers in the summer though, but of course the income from us is small in comparison to cabins.

 

Andy

 

I hope we'll see more CLs/CSs springing up with basic facilities to cater for tourers, cheap to run and modest capital expenditure for the landowner, cheap pitches for the tourer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoburne Bashley is another site on the edge of the New Forest which has converted its touring pitches to statics/lodges. We used to attend an early season rally here with the CSMA (Boundless). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weekend Traveller said:

 

I hope we'll see more CLs/CSs springing up with basic facilities to cater for tourers, cheap to run and modest capital expenditure for the landowner, cheap pitches for the tourer.

 

 

There seems to be more closing or converting than joining.

 

geoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kings Orchard Marina CL in Staffordshire  £22 pn is that cheap for a CL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, oldboy said:

Kings Orchard Marina CL in Staffordshire  £22 pn is that cheap for a CL?

 

No - above average in my experience

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Les Medes said:

We have booked Hunters Moon for seven nights in early April, not Easter week, we go every year at this time and was astounded how their prices have increased over the years, our cost came to £223 a whopping £32.87 per night,( not a serviced pitch) I am trying to convince Mrs M that we should cancel and book Wareham Forest Park  saving £50 for the week. Have others found the CMC pricing themselves out of the market, In Spain we pay the equivalent of £13.00 per night on a serviced pitch with the site having superior facilities, also another £100 gets us a Tunnel Crossing, food for thought for any other future bookings with the CMC   

as someone brand new to caravanning iv pretty much accepted around £30 to be cheap.

 

looking for decent sites in france atm and theyre all upwards of 50 by the time i add 2 kids and 2 dogs min you,granted in july.

definately wish i could get a tunnell crossing for £100 mind

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chris76 said:

as someone brand new to caravanning iv pretty much accepted around £30 to be cheap.

 

looking for decent sites in france atm and theyre all upwards of 50 by the time i add 2 kids and 2 dogs min you,granted in july.

definately wish i could get a tunnell crossing for £100 mind

 

Chris,

We have the same issue although the dog stays here when we go to France. 

The caravan club is good for ITX rates when you book at least four nights and a ferry.

Have a look at Camping De Paal in the Netherlands every other year when Easter is early they do a week in June that will include may half term fully serviced is about €175 for three and €15 for additional. Fantastic site with loads for the kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year we was not going to rejoin.but we had second thoughts and considered more to the  Rallying side instead.W e have already prebooked some rallies and our first this year will be easter thurs day to tuesday £85.whereas normally we book a CMC and it nearly 2x the price.So the test will be.ok we are not in the full site but a rally field.but it seems to me that the rally marshalls are going to give us a nice time after speaking via emails.Hope the weather holds for us all.

8 hours ago, Easy T said:

Sandy Balls is not a CMC site. I think that there is one CMC site with pool and restaurant/bar, one with pool and one more with restaurant/bar.  None of which interests me. 

Hillhead has a pool and bar entertainment. We had been going there for years then the CMC got it and pushed the prices up.so we gave it a break for a few year then went back last year.wasnt impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the prices are creeping up a lot more the last couple of years, plus of course we also have the yearly fee of £51. We thought of not travelling too far so saving the cost of the fuel, then perhaps not using the sites in August. I find that although the commercial sites seem better priced , once you add on the extra's for dogs and awning , there's not too much difference and at least with the CMC I can more or less guarantee that the sites are clean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chris76 said:

as someone brand new to caravanning iv pretty much accepted around £30 to be cheap.

 

looking for decent sites in france atm and theyre all upwards of 50 by the time i add 2 kids and 2 dogs min you,granted in july.

definately wish i could get a tunnell crossing for £100 mind

 

Have you got any Tesco vouchers? it can be used with Eurotunnel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Glen and Les said:

I agree that Club site prices are increasing at an alarming rate. I see that their “Easter” prices start on 5th April, to ensure they capture all variations of school holiday dates. Just when you think you’ll grab a quiet week away before the rush starts you get clobbered by the higher prices. 😡

Then they wonder why even weekends are quieter than usual.  To make up for the lost income they increase their prices even more and then wonder so more why they still losing money.  At that point they rush out to change the name or buy a dead horse!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldboy said:

Have you got any Tesco vouchers? it can be used with Eurotunnel.

We use Tesco Vouchers to fund our two crossings per year, to be honest the amount we spend at Tesco it gives us one full cost crossing and the second approx half cost and pay the balance by Tesco Credit Card that gives us further points, mind, where we live we have not got much of a choice in supermarkets, we have Morrisons, Aldi and Lidl as an alternative 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Les Medes said:

We use Tesco Vouchers to fund our two crossings per year, to be honest the amount we spend at Tesco it gives us one full cost crossing and the second approx half cost and pay the balance by Tesco Credit Card that gives us further points, mind, where we live we have not got much of a choice in supermarkets, we have Morrisons, Aldi and Lidl as an alternative 

 

I do my regular meat and potatoes shop at either Aldi or Lidl and find that they are about 20% cheaper on an average weekly shop than any other supermarkets, so it depends on how much per annum you spend as to whether Tesco vouchers save you any money.

 

You have to remember that the sole reason that corporate marketing campaigns exist is to persuade people to spend their hard earned cash at a particular emporium. They use well known techniques of psychological manipulation to fool the punter into thinking they are getting better value, by patronising their particular retail chain in preference to others, than they really are, through, in this case, points schemes.

 

To guarantee to get the best value you have to rely on yourself to do the due diligence!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, smino0_1 said:

This year we was not going to rejoin.but we had second thoughts and considered more to the  Rallying side instead.W e have already prebooked some rallies and our first this year will be easter thurs day to tuesday £85.whereas normally we book a CMC and it nearly 2x the price.So the test will be.ok we are not in the full site but a rally field.but it seems to me that the rally marshalls are going to give us a nice time after speaking via emails.Hope the weather holds for us all.

Hillhead has a pool and bar entertainment. We had been going there for years then the CMC got it and pushed the prices up.so we gave it a break for a few year then went back last year.wasnt impressed.

It was Hillhead I was thinking of and not Sandy Balls so thanks for the jog!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weekend Traveller said:

 

I do my regular meat and potatoes shop at either Aldi or Lidl and find that they are about 20% cheaper on an average weekly shop than any other supermarkets, so it depends on how much per annum you spend as to whether Tesco vouchers save you any money.

 

You have to remember that the sole reason that corporate marketing campaigns exist is to persuade people to spend their hard earned cash at a particular emporium. They use well known techniques of psychological manipulation to fool the punter into thinking they are getting better value, by patronising their particular retail chain in preference to others, than they really are, through, in this case, points schemes.

 

To guarantee to get the best value you have to rely on yourself to do the due diligence!

 

I am fully aware of marketing and targeting of consumers as in my previous life I was a Sales and Marketing Director of a major food manufacturing company supplying the likes of Tesco, M & S, JS, Asda, and current Discounters and others that have fallen by the wayside.

We do spend a very large amount to achieve the Tesco Vouchers that we only use for our Tunnel travels, we also buy meat from Aldi and Lidl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Most of my Tesco voucher point come from filling up with diesel and the use of my Tesco credit card giving me near enough for one trip to France using the Tunnel being retired with plenty time on our hand we buy food on a daily basis from our local Tesco metro on average we only spend about £10 ~ £15 a day.

Edited by oldboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, oldboy said:

Most of my Tesco voucher point come from filling up with diesel and the use of my Tesco credit card giving me near enough for one trip to France using the Tunnel being retired with plenty time on our hand we buy food on a daily basis from our local Tesco metro on average we only spend about £10 ~ £15 a day.

Blimey that seems to me be a huge expenditure (£75 on food in a 5 day food shopping week ). I live alone, never eat out unless someone else pays, cook all my meals from raw ingredients and spend less than £50 a month on food.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeeTee said:

Blimey that seems to me be a huge expenditure (£75 on food in a 5 day food shopping week ). I live alone, never eat out unless someone else pays, cook all my meals from raw ingredients and spend less than £50 a month on food.

There is 3 of us :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just had an email from Trustpilot on behalf of the CMC to give feedback on what you like or dislike about the club. 

I have posted my thoughts about the prices of their site fees, probably will fall on deaf ears. Perhaps the more we all complain, something MAY happen, but I am doubtful. 

 

https://uk.trustpilot.com/evaluate/www.caravanclub.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doosan said:

Perhaps the more we all complain, something MAY happen, but I am doubtful. 

The thing is 'we' won't all complain. Most of the reviews are positive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/03/2019 at 11:51, Paul_B said:

We're members because we like CLs, Mayday and the clubs perks and discounts, the club sites are ok for those who can afford or need them :)

 

Us too 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...