Sign in to follow this  
Hutts67

Alde 3010 boiler issue

Hi all I own a swift conqueror 570  2011 and have been having problems with the hot water it’s got the Alde 3010 heating system in it . The only way I get a short amount of hot water is by the electric boiler once gone it takes 25-30 mins to heat up nothing works on the boost at all fuses ok , but sound like it clicks on then off , hopefully someone can help many thanks 

:welcome:

From memory it does take about 30 mins to heat up, but I think that your question is about the gas not working, or that the electric is only working for a short time.  The experts will be along shortly, 

Edited by joanie

The boiler holds about 8 litres, and yes if you use it all up then it goes cold, it is not a continuous boiler.

On gas and 3kW electric it will heat up a lot quicker than on electric alone . Also, it  can run on 1 or 2 kWs electric, and if the 3 kW version, on 3 kWs, all with directly related heating up times.

Boost, does two things. one it stops the space heating from working and thus "robbing" heat from the water. Two, it raises the temperature of the hot water from the normal, so that 8 litres goes further blended with cold. It auto reverts to off boost after 30 mnutes but the water still retains the extra temperature till that dissipates away back to normal.

Thanks for your answers, when I first got the van the water lasted a lot longer than it does now only lasts 2’half mins in the shower mixed with cold water ,It used to be enough for two of us to shower not enough for one now 

The capacity of the Adle is what it is so that aspect can't change and so  hints the issue is the temperatures involved hot and or cold.

The temperature of cold water contribution to the shower, ie the "Aquaroll" etc's temperature will make a significant difference to the duration, as summer or winter the showering temperature will still be close to 42 C.

This will according to the handbook be capable of supplying 12 litres of 40 C showering water, per 30 minutes, if the cold is 10C. That of course will depend on having the heating to do so, therefore I suspect requires both gas and max electricity.

The Alde seems to offer offers two water thermostat levels, the normal and the "boost" where the higher reaches 80 C.

Not with Alde but I have known of issues with the water system's non return valve that isolates the cold entry to the boiler back flowing, that has starved that feed, thus causing shower problems. But so long ago in the early 1990s, I can't recall the details.

Hi and thanks , yes I’m still using boost icon but nothing seems to work it just clicks on then clicks off straight away 

Thanks JTQ it has to go back for work in may so if I can’t sort it before the dealers will hopefully sort it just a pain as we can’t use shower 

Ring Alde on Monday they are very good and will Talk you through various tests etc  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hutts67 said:

Hi and thanks , yes I’m still using boost icon but nothing seems to work it just clicks on then clicks off straight away 

Thanks JTQ it has to go back for work in may so if I can’t sort it before the dealers will hopefully sort it just a pain as we can’t use shower 

Follow Alan's  wise advice as they rather than the van dealers are more aware of their products than any dealer, and in a different league of competence to many dealers on this!

They are excellent to deal with.

As you say clicks off again, I assume the icon goes out? Then definitely a subject to speak with Alde about.

Edited by JTQ
  • Like 1

Many thanks to you all appreciate your help I’ll give Alde a phone tomorrow 😉

Hello. If we make some assumptions, based on the behaviour described:

1. On electric heating only, the hot water performance isn't what it once was.
  2. All works fine on gas heating only.
  3. With electric only selected (1, 2 or 3 kW), and Hot Water Boost On, almost no hot water is produced.

In an Alde 3010 Compact, this would suggest the Relay K6 on the main PCB has failed, resulting in the 1 kW electric element not being heated. The replacement part, in a 2011 MY Swift caravan would be 3010-302.

An Alde-certified service agent should verify this for you first though, and can quote on the repair.

https://www.alde.co.uk/service.shtml

• Like 1

If I remember correctly many older caravans with the 3010 control panel never had the facility to select the actual 3kw setting.  I think Bailey were one of the few?

That's correct, yes. Prior to 2013 MY, only Bailey used the "Scandia-spec" 3kW boiler. Other UK constructors used the 2 kW "UK-spec". For 2013 MY, we discontinued the 2 kW, making the 3 kW the defacto "European-spec".

I replaced the 2kW board in my 3010 with a 3kW version, complemented with the upgraded colour control panel for the 3010, which is much superior.

1 hour ago, chrisn7 said:

I replaced the 2kW board in my 3010 with a 3kW version, complemented with the upgraded colour control panel for the 3010, which is much superior.

We did the same fitting a 3020 colour control panel however if the caravan does not have the 3kw fitting even if you select 3kw you still get only 2kw.  It does not matter if you have a 1kw, 2kw or 3kw the water will not get any hotter however on 3kw it will get hotter quicker than if using it on 2kw. 

On our 2018 caravan we have the 3kw available but never use it as more than likely you will either trip the caravan or the bollard outside.